MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:38 pm
Man its 10 gigs of sounds you cant go through them all. Im not in front of mines . if no one helps you l will try.

Peace.

mark12345 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you said, but still have had no joy in finding the content. I saw one clip on youtube where as soon as someone clicked to enter the browser a list of samples appeared on the screen. is this correct? out of interest, how long is the list of content, and is everything listed in one section or is it in various folders?
By Blue Monster 65 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:11 am
Try this:

1. turn on and wait for opening screen (demo projects)
- then touch screen for -
2. empty project
3. menu
4. browser
5. places
6. MPC Documents
7. Content
8. choose Drums, Instruments, Clips, Samples, or Demos

- OR -

6. Choose "Clips," "Instruments," or "The Vault 2"

And your sample content should load.

Do you have the demo tracks when you first start up?

If you're looking in the MPC Documents file folders, you probably won't find anything without going to content first (and choosing the above).

Does this help at all?
By Danoc Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 am
Nice...

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Try this:

1. turn on and wait for opening screen (demo projects)
- then touch screen for -
2. empty project
3. menu
4. browser
5. places
6. MPC Documents
7. Content
8. choose Drums, Instruments, Clips, Samples, or Demos

- OR -

6. Choose "Clips," "Instruments," or "The Vault 2"

And your sample content should load.

Do you have the demo tracks when you first start up?

If you're looking in the MPC Documents file folders, you probably won't find anything without going to content first (and choosing the above).

Does this help at all?
By Cockdiesel Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 am
To add: can you load up a demo project? Most of the content is in the demo projects, if not all. If those don't load up you might have an issue. If they do follow those instructions blue monster gave and you will find them. The file structure seems goofy at first but if the demos load they are there.
By mark12345 Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am
Thank you for your help. The content was missing. I returned the unit to the shop and they gave me a new one.
By Danoc Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:00 pm
mark12345 wrote:Thank you for your help. The content was missing. I returned the unit to the shop and they gave me a new one.

Do you see your content now that you got a new machine? You could of down loaded the content if you have the down load capabilities.

Enjoy bro peace
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Danoc wrote:
mark12345 wrote:Thank you for your help. The content was missing. I returned the unit to the shop and they gave me a new one.

Do you see your content now that you got a new machine? You could of down loaded the content if you have the down load capabilities.

Enjoy bro peace

Exactly what I was thinking. If he's registered at Akaipro, then the content is in his account.
By mark12345 Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:39 pm
Danoc wrote:

Enjoy bro peace

Yes, I have the content now, I checked the new one before I left the shop. I also checked the demo one they had on display, which was also ok. I did see when I registered the unit that there were downloads on the akai site, but its pretty poor that they can release these units with stuff missing. There seems to be a real lack of quality control.
By Danoc Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 am
:WTF: Lack of quality control? I have to agree, cause if they would of checked them we wouldn't have this problem

Happy for you bro.

mark12345 wrote:There seems to be a real lack of quality control.
By BigDaddyDavee Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:58 pm
Appreciate that this is an old thread but in case it helps anyone else. I found this after I searched for 'content missing from MPC Live'. I bought a Live, in addition to the X I already own and when I started it up, it had no content on it and it didn't launch the demo screen as my X did.

I thought bugger, I have a defective unit. I checked the drive info and it said that it was unknown or something similar with 10150MB (or thereabouts). To cut a long story short, I simply connected the Live to my Mac, installed the Live driver and BAM, the drive is now listed as 'Internal' and all of the content is there.