MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Gunner7 Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm
MPC Newby here. I picked up an MPC Live yesterday and do not see any samples on it at all. Isn't it supposed to have content installed already? If so am I missing how to find it? When I broken internal to the samples folder there is nothing.

I installed MCP 2.x on my Mac and a couple of sound packs but how would I get them from my Mac onto Live?

I was excited, now I am just frustrated.

Gunner
By golddope Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:53 pm
Hi mate ,when you go to browser , hold shift button and across the bottom of the screen it will give an option to view drive info ,what does it say in used space ?
By golddope Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:57 pm
I ask as the included library is 10gb ,4 GB is used for the OS leaving 2 GB ,
If it says 2gb available then you're library is there somewhere ,.
If it's not there and it shows like 12gb available then it has an issue ,there was someone else on Facebook that had the same problem ,his didn't come with the library either and every time he saved anything when he went back to it it had deleted ,
So if there is no library get in touch with the store you bought it and swap it man
By zangetsu01 Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm
There are no units in stock anywhere.. So I think you received the returned Unit that golddope speaks of..
By Icepulse Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:58 pm
Make sure there's no text in the search box... clear that out.
By golddope Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:18 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:There are no units in stock anywhere.. So I think you received the returned Unit that golddope speaks of..

I can believe this,in all honesty mine looked as though it had been resealed,and I did have issues when I first got it ,freezes etc
But they actually went away .
By golddope Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm
Gunner7 wrote:Here is my drive info... Drive size: is 1010.5 MB, Free Space: 1010.5 MB

You Def have no library then ,you definitely wanna return that one bud sorry
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:33 pm
Gunner7 wrote:Here is my drive info... Drive size: is 1010.5 MB, Free Space: 1010.5 MB

Damn, those pirates stole your content! :vomit:

Who uses these crappy samples anyway? I guess only Icepulse does...

:lol:
Last edited by TheUnfuckwithable on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm
Gunner7 wrote:Oh this sucks!

Its a blessing. Now you can fill up the drive with your own samples. Besides, the sounds it came with, gave my balls heat rash.
By zangetsu01 Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:15 pm
My second guess would be that you aren't even the second owner of that unit..

I think that the first owner who has bought it didn't like the stock samples and deleted them all.

And came to the conclusion that the Live wasn't his cup of tea and returned it..

The next guy noticed that the content was missing and also returned it..

And now it's in your hands.. Isnt it possible to just download the samples from the website..??
By Gunner7 Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 pm
All of that is possible. But being a newby to MPC I wanted the content installed and ready to play with. I will add my own down the road after I get the hang of it. And there is something about paying that much money for something and it not being right. I took it back and will await a new one.
By kaydigi Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:16 pm
Gunner7 wrote:All of that is possible. But being a newby to MPC I wanted the content installed and ready to play with. I will add my own down the road after I get the hang of it. And there is something about paying that much money for something and it not being right. I took it back and will await a new one.

You could have downloaded the sounds from your account. If you place them back in the internal drive folder structure it would pop up like normal.