MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:17 pm
curtis wrote:as a MPC ONE user, I could not agree more

they should hire UX people, cos the interface is horrendous to use
everything is all over the place and makes no sens

- the main view is such a bad design

- then you go to track view, everything is missing

- they manage to have a "menu"....then a "shift menu" that brings other stuffs, it makes it so complicated and confusing

- it's like everything is made to avoid live performances

now of course you can get use to it... but as a noob, AKAI has the worst interface EVER !!

after one year of MPC ONE...I just hate it....the interface is horse shit

in the end we talk about purchased hardware 750$ to be precise

WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS...And you AKAI tend to forget about this

next gear will certainly not be AKAI, that's for sure

Your 5th post here and you resurrect a thread that has been dead for years? :WTF: :hmmm: :roll:

Also, I disagree with your entire opinion. The MPC UX is no way difficult to understand or learn, is certainly not a bad design, and works fine in a live performance - if you learn how to use it.
By joecoop Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:38 pm
curtis wrote:as a MPC ONE user, I could not agree more

they should hire UX people, cos the interface is horrendous to use
everything is all over the place and makes no sens

- the main view is such a bad design

- then you go to track view, everything is missing

- they manage to have a "menu"....then a "shift menu" that brings other stuffs, it makes it so complicated and confusing

- it's like everything is made to avoid live performances

now of course you can get use to it... but as a noob, AKAI has the worst interface EVER !!

after one year of MPC ONE...I just hate it....the interface is horse ****

in the end we talk about purchased hardware 750$ to be precise

WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS...And you AKAI tend to forget about this

next gear will certainly not be AKAI, that's for sure

I agree but i don't think it's a noob thing and the UX is all over the place. I do wonder why they have 3 places to mix the same track. On the main screen, in track view, and mixer.
By Monotremata Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:42 pm
Different strokes for different folks. I think the UI is pretty decent and easy to get around. The software though, especially the left side of the screen is pretty terrible. But Track View in it rules, and thats what I hope this whole 'Arranger' thing actually becomes. Go play with Logic Pro for 10 minutes and lets see how easy that is to jump into. You gotta learn all your tools just like you had to learn how to brush your teeth or read music. Aint no free rides nowhere.
By zangetsu01 Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:46 am
I’ve been using it for years and I agree that its terible.. when the new arranger and mixer drop like on the Akai Force it should all become better ..
By 83dude Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 pm
I can‘t second that. UX is different, but that‘s part of the magic. Doint stuff always the same way is just a convenient way to do (routine), doing things differently enhances your learning experience as well as it differently sparks creativity.

Users from earlier MPCs have little difficulty to learn the now a bit different concepts, while new users experience the same problems MPC adaptors in the 90s had - the only difference is, you got spoiled by specialized solutions to specialized problems. Remember the tools, not the solutions!
By Lampdog Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:36 pm
Coming from 4k, took me about 2 weeks to figure out the menus, maybe an hour a day, maybe.
By Monotremata Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 pm
I didn't have too much trouble jumping into it myself, and this was my first MPC of my very own. I started out with the software and an MPD controller to see if I liked it, ended up buying the Studio Black a week later (anybody wanna buy it?) and about a week after that went 'Ok I NEED the real deal now'. Didn't take too long at all to move a project to the standalone and jump right in. Just really had to orient myself with where the menus I needed were, already knew the tools from the software just had to learn where they lived in the box. I think they did a pretty good job of cramming what they could into a 7" screen.
By Ultros Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm
CHU SUCKAS TALKIN BOUT "MENU". hot keys boys hot keys! they give you a button for each item in the menu.

Also whoever started this thread is a blasphemer and needs to be sent directly to hell do not pass go do not collect $500. That or kiss the cross and renounce satan before the lord.