MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:49 pm
SlowwFloww wrote: Just make music and stop complaining like little kids. If you don't like the product, sell it...

I think people do get a strong emotional attachment to gear. Often when you make an expensive purchase there's a lot of time invested, before purchase and after so it's not always easy to admit to yourself that you may have made a bad choice and in fact you'll dig in and force yourself to stick with it in the hope the manufacturer will eventually sort it out. The longer you stick with it, the more you begin to resent the whole situation.
By jpeg Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 pm
SlowwFloww wrote:I've had a Maschine mk1 for a year and because of that I visited the Maschine Forum regularly. I got so depressed of all the crybabies over there, complaining about e-ve-ry-thing that Maschine lacks... They want all the features that MPC's have... They want all the features Ableton has. They want realtime timestretching, song mode, better swing. A bunch of guys are posting all day everyday of the week, using that forum just like a chat box. Pfff.. I'm glad I've sold Maschine and moved on.That Maschine forum has such a negative vibe. Just make music and stop complaining like little kids. If you don't like the product, sell it...

the negativity as maschine forum is justified cos ni been bullshitting long time users for at lest 5 years; but shame on the whiners for not moving on.
By BeatWilson Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 pm
SlowwFloww wrote:I've had a Maschine mk1 for a year and because of that I visited the Maschine Forum regularly. I got so depressed of all the crybabies over there, complaining about e-ve-ry-thing that Maschine lacks... They want all the features that MPC's have... They want all the features Ableton has. They want realtime timestretching, song mode, better swing. A bunch of guys are posting all day everyday of the week, using that forum just like a chat box. Pfff.. I'm glad I've sold Maschine and moved on.That Maschine forum has such a negative vibe. Just make music and stop complaining like little kids. If you don't like the product, sell it...

Um.... Its not forums are a circle jerk of positive comments... Maschines forums probably look like a lot of children bitching because these days a lot of KIDS make music on computers. Its how they start into the Electronic HipHop Music these days. There are More people on Maschine than MPC's hands down. If the New MPC's had all the BASIC features that were in the old models, had automation editing, An ACTUAL 2GB of Ram for Sampling, and sidechain, than it would be worth the Price.

And as far as Maschine goes, I would still have to say Maschines Software is still more superior to Akai's they update more frequently. People are too upsest with the romantism of MPC's. I love them, I know how it is. But its a Computer. Standalone or not. Its still a computer with an audio interface. If the New MPC's OS was more stable i would feel more comfortable about getting one, but with the OS not being as stable as it should be, that lacks a big part of the MPC experience for me.

I think the MPCX looks like a Dope machine as well as the Live but its hard to justify either of them at the price. I love the tradition Layout of the X, The Live is nice and Sleek. Its just that price for something with "Comming soon" features and no sidechain, copy paste grid mode, list edit, etc etc... Its a bit much.... Dope ass Machines. If theres an update that fixes all the shit add all the basic features by the end of the year, make the OS Stable, Then I'm in!

In the end ill need a computer to finish majority of my music(if not all)... So Ableton is great has all the basic features and more, and Maschine has Sidechain support as well as all the basic features(even though the sequencer isn't an MPC's).

I will say it again.... Im not sure if i trust Akai with Software.... NI just make good stuff.... Theres a reason Komplete was done so well. Not to say Akai hasn't had great products either.

My 2 cents.
That all being said... Ill pick one up and check it out :lol:
I gotta see atleast how they have done...
By mcroepster Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 pm
I don't hate on Akai. I just think they need some good marketing and communication man/woman. Since I had my Ren in 2012 I have seen this company made the same mistakes over and over.One for example is creating a bad buzz.
I don't think it will change anytime soon.
But.
They do listen to us consumers in a way which has been proven in the past on this forum.
Not to all of us or all our wishes but hey that's live.

peace :smoker:
By Danoc Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:10 pm
I'm loving my MPC Live. I can't get enough of it.

Hate is a strong word. Why on earth would someone who hates Akai go and buy their mavhine then complain when you know what it?

I don't like the way Akai moves but dam if l ain't enjoying their machine. I don't like Maschine so l never got it. I didn't buy into any of the machines that were out there l waited for this!
By kaydigi Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 pm

There were a lot promises tied to Maschine moving to 2.0 that never happened. Then there was no news for a long time. Then when they had a Jam to sell all of a sudden we got info. NI does a lot of things right but their handling of 2.0 (a paid update) sucked.

That said, I love my Maschine mk1, Jam and Mpc Live combo though. Maschine's browser is excellent.
By Gnome Tone Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:19 am
The fact that Akai haven't even made an effort to address issues posted here, The AKAI FORUM... and there's just too many things that should work out the box, without bugs and whatever BS, that I've decided I'm not going to go with Akai.

They've had years to refine these machines, AND the software, they still can't get it right. They've left buyers of the Studio, the Ren, and the Touch waiting for software to properly use those machines for years.

You lost my $2200 for the X Akai, I don't trust you. I'll find other gear from more respectable companies to plush out my studio.

Peace.
By Blue Monster 65 Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:59 am
Gnome Tone wrote:The fact that Akai haven't even made an effort to address issues posted here, The AKAI FORUM...

Umm ... this isn't an official company forum, is it? I was under the impression it's a third party site.

I get that people are pissed at Akai, but it isn't personal, guys. They're a company that's make some (very) bad decisions. Too big, too fast, not quick enough on their feet. Very worrisome for the end users, unfortunately.

And no, I don't work for Akai or InMusic.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:43 am
Every website says August and later for the X in Europe. Just hope Europe get's their first batch after 1 or 2 weeks. Just like it went with the Live U.S./EU launch.
By RodmanSan Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 am
zangetsu01 wrote:Every website says August and later for the X in Europe. Just hope Europe get's their first batch after 1 or 2 weeks. Just like it went with the Live U.S./EU launch.

Thomann says expected date is 31-07...so there is still a chance...

Still...i am dependent on a Dutch music store (Tonecontrol)...so fingers crossed...
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:08 am
RodmanSan wrote:Thomann says expected date is 31-07...so there is still a chance...

Still...i am dependent on a Dutch music store (Tonecontrol)...so fingers crossed...

I knew that about Thomann but 31-7 is practically the same as August. But on the other hand Thomann was The first in Europe to have the Live in stock.

I'm also dependent on a Dutch music store (BAX)
By RodmanSan Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am
zangetsu01 wrote:I knew that about Thomann but 31-7 is practically the same as August. But on the other hand Thomann was The first in Europe to have the Live in stock.

I'm also dependent on a Dutch music store (BAX)

Hey...partners in crime then.... :worthy:

According to the shop...they assured me that i would be in the first batch...guess that makes two of us then... :-D
By distortedtekno Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
SlowwFloww wrote: Just make music and stop complaining like little kids. If you don't like the product, sell it...

I think people do get a strong emotional attachment to gear. Often when you make an expensive purchase there's a lot of time invested, before purchase and after so it's not always easy to admit to yourself that you may have made a bad choice and in fact you'll dig in and force yourself to stick with it in the hope the manufacturer will eventually sort it out. The longer you stick with it, the more you begin to resent the whole situation.

Brings me back to 2005 when my MPC1000 started shitting the bed. :lol: