MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm
They should of done some thing better.

Wormhelmet wrote:Akai should have built the iLok tech into the hardware. It's a big fat dongle connected to the PC. Users of software only 2.0 could use the regular software or usb dongle and Live and X owners should not have had to worry about it with the machines connected to whichever computer they wanted. As long as the hardware is connected it should have just worked to authenticate legitimate use.

Missed opportunity there to make it easy for the people shelling out big bucks for Live and X. Too bad.
By Danoc Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:34 am
I hit him up all he did was copy and paste what's on the ilok site.

Thanks those instructions are not working. I'm ginna leave it alone.

Fanu wrote:hit up [email protected]
By Danoc Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:37 am
Ill-Green wrote:The MPC Live should've been the dongle, there was no need for iLok.

I agree. ^^^^^ :nod:
By quietizkept Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:41 am
I think it's absurd that the licenses I have on two dead computers can't be managed from anywhere else. I even sent an email about it - no bones - those activations are just gone. I managed to get another license for Hybrid from Akai support (obviously not needed as Hybrid also comes with the MPC software) but they only gave me a demo license for Wobble (Both came with my MPK Mini). Still doing the email dance about that, but they could just tell me to go feck myself, my activations are used up and stuck on dead pcs. I honestly figured I could use the ilok software to manage my ish but hell no. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:12 pm
Dam man :WTF:
So you're having a problem requiring ilok? So you're telling me all your actvations are gone? I know all the Air stuff requires ilok.

So let me get this. If l was able to get my activations on the laptop and something happens to it I will only have one activation left?

This ilok stuff gets on my nerves.

quietizkept wrote:I think it's absurd that the licenses I have on two dead computers can't be managed from anywhere else. I even sent an email about it - no bones - those activations are just gone. I managed to get another license for Hybrid from Akai support (obviously not needed as Hybrid also comes with the MPC software) but they only gave me a demo license for Wobble (Both came with my MPK Mini). Still doing the email dance about that, but they could just tell me to go feck myself, my activations are used up and stuck on dead pcs. I honestly figured I could use the ilok software to manage my ish but hell no. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
By Fanu Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 pm
quietizkept wrote:I think it's absurd that the licenses I have on two dead computers can't be managed from anywhere else. I even sent an email about it - no bones - those activations are just gone. I managed to get another license for Hybrid from Akai support (obviously not needed as Hybrid also comes with the MPC software) but they only gave me a demo license for Wobble (Both came with my MPK Mini). Still doing the email dance about that, but they could just tell me to go feck myself, my activations are used up and stuck on dead pcs. I honestly figured I could use the ilok software to manage my ish but hell no. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Gotta chime in on this one.

Today, I went to akaipro site to download 2.0 for my new computer.
Well, the site is being maintained, so i couldnt access my profile.
However, the site had a link to send a request to support, and I did that.

In my request, I
1) Asked for software link and
2) Reported a problem: I had used up the 2 out of 2 iLok licenses on two computers, and a week ago I actually sold my laptop with the second license and realized today there is no way to deactivate one license by any means now that the computer is gone.

In less than 30 mins, Akai got back to me and sent me all necessary links as well as a new iLok activation code.
Points to Akai support for that one.
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Well dam Akai's support I see had done well by three people already, that includes me.

Hey. Fanu did you already activate your new computer? So you still have two computers right?
Whats the specs on your computer?

See the thing me l have all my Eastwest on the ilok key l don't need that on my lappy. I just want mu Air vsts on my lappy as machine activated and on my desktop on the key.

Im trying to understand how to get that lappy activated. Dam instructions didn't work.

Fanu wrote:

Gotta chime in on this one.

Today, I went to akaipro site to download 2.0 for my new computer.
Well, the site is being maintained, so i couldnt access my profile.
However, the site had a link to send a request to support, and I did that.

In my request, I
1) Asked for software link and
2) Reported a problem: I had used up the 2 out of 2 iLok licenses on two computers, and a week ago I actually sold my laptop with the second license and realized today there is no way to deactivate one license by any means now that the computer is gone.

In less than 30 mins, Akai got back to me and sent me all necessary links as well as a new iLok activation code.
Points to Akai support for that one.
By quietizkept Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm
Weird. Just emailed them for what has to be like the eighth time. Still not cleared up. I'm glad they hooked you up. They DID respond quickly to the first one, with a link & serial to MPC Essentials, which had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked. :WTF: :Sigh:
Several days (closer to a week) ago they DID say they'd clear out my activations, but it didn't happen. They said to give it 24 hours but I gave more than that. Several emails later, they cut-and-pasted the exact same message saying it would take up to 24 hours. That was 3 days ago.
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 pm
Dam l gotta be doing something wrong like :WTF:

Ok thanks lma look into it tomorrow

Fanu wrote:
Danoc wrote:Hey. Fanu did you already activate your new computer? So you still have two computers right?
Whats the specs on your computer?

Yes; new computer activated, as well as old one.
By Danoc Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 pm
Hmmm l know you're pissed. If l dont have my lappy activated along with the key, tomorrow l will leave it alone.

quietizkept wrote:Weird. Just emailed them for what has to be like the eighth time. Still not cleared up. I'm glad they hooked you up. They DID respond quickly to the first one, with a link & serial to MPC Essentials, which had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked. :WTF: :Sigh:
Several days (closer to a week) ago they DID say they'd clear out my activations, but it didn't happen. They said to give it 24 hours but I gave more than that. Several emails later, they cut-and-pasted the exact same message saying it would take up to 24 hours. That was 3 days ago.
By quietizkept Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 pm
Still not fixed, this morning I got this message :
Good Morning Jesse,

Are you inputting the code into iLOK?

Best Regards, ____ _____

:Sigh: