MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:51 am
We'll have to see, Elektron made the RTYM bigger than the MKI and boasting Digitakt sampling as upgrades. In the end, its a totally different workflow to master and you'll be asking more questions than actually making music if you are not familiar with them. The Digitakt, however is deep simplicity.

When on the Live, its real easy even if you are a newbee.

Also, this thread should be lock and sunk, just for saying the 30 day return must be banished. I suppose you just fork over hundreds of dollars on software without a 30 day trial to try it out? ???
By Danoc Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:44 am
Better buy over the MPC Live? You're buggin son! Do you have The Live? Do you know what it can do as a standalone and with the software? Filters ain't nothing to me l got filters up the wazoo! You're not giving us specifics really why the AR is over the MPC Live.

Yo the AR is high priced at $1599. Even with a 15% discount its 1,359.15. :WTF: l paid $959 on a 20% discount. So you0toast there buddy.
I can name a fleet of things that make the MPC Live better than the AR!

Like Fanu said there's no comparison!

Don't get me wrong it looks very nice and well built but the specs they have for it is no whete the Live. Lets not even talk about the X!!! X will smash it to pieces.

But.. I must say this Elektron stepped up. It was not NI or Roland! And they might do well with AR. Just not my taste.

d2ba wrote:AR Mk2 as the better buy over MPC-Live.
(You get a similar discount 10-15% of MAP price on AR MK2 as users here got for MPC-Live., so the change over figure is minimal :))
By zangetsu01 Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 pm
I'm wondering if all MPC Live preorders already fulfilled. With the first batch that Baxshop had I was refreshing the product page a few times that day and I could see the remaining stock reaching zero the same day. Today they've received 28 units and the count has been the same all day.
By emdog Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 pm
Why is anyone even comparing the Analog Rhythm to the MPC live LOL!?? It's like comparing a Roland JU-08 to a dave smith pro 2 and talking about price....they both are good, but who would buy the Roland JU-08 as a replacement for a dave smith pro 2??

The AR is an analog drum machine that can sample and has a sequencer...the MPC is a sequencer that can sample..... LMAO...it's like comparing a guitar to a flute
By Danoc Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 pm
I loved how you played dialectic acrobatics lol

The MPC, is a MUSIC PRODUCTION CENTER
with the capabilities of a Sampler/DAW /Computer/Drum machine!

I don't know what that other guys mission was when mentioned the AR. LOL LMAO

emdog wrote:The AR is an analog drum machine that can sample and has a sequencer...the MPC is a sequencer that can sample..... LMAO...it's like comparing a guitar to a flute
By Cockdiesel Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:53 am
thats gangster,,,, like the big brother to the the digi, and live setup. alittle differnt but man.
good luck. been using the kp3 and the timestreaching on there is really nice can make crazy bpm changes and it adapts. only 4 samples though. the octatrack however dated is still a beast.
By d2ba Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 am
Return the MPC-Live and get a cheap MPC-Touch for desk and computer and an MPC-X for a real machine.
The stores are pratically giving away remaining stocks of MPC-Touch . MPC-Touch has same lovely pads as new model.
Or go used--EBay used prices US$200-300 in recent sales.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 5573.m1684

Used MPC Touch and a tablet is also a good solution for people that want portable but don't want to buy MPC-Live.
Last edited by d2ba on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
By zangetsu01 Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 am
d2ba wrote:The stores are giving away remaining stocks of MPC-Touch .

The value of this is like a breeze of air without any source to this claim.
And also the Touch screen on the MPC Touch isn't that responsive.
At least that's on of the things I hated about it.
By Danoc Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dam what an analogy LOL hahahaaaaha lmao

You're correct, the screen isn't that responsive when compared to the Live and X, MY screen I love it! Hell be honest if I was to go and get a controller I would get the Studio Black, it's sexy and it rocks, wouldn't need a touch screen.

Seem like mines is to responsive, I could of sworn when I moved my finger towards it things started moving and I didn't even touch it. LOL (Joke)

But for real I wouldn't trade my Live for the X, if anything I would buy the X and have both! :wink: :popcorn:

zangetsu01 wrote:
d2ba wrote:The stores are giving away remaining stocks of MPC-Touch .

The value of this is like a breeze of air without any source to this claim.

And also the Touch screen on the MPC Touch isn't that responsive.

At least that's on of the things I hated about it.
By Coz Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm
I've gone the other way and switched my X preorder to the Live.

The delays were getting tedious and the partial refund will come in useful for other things. 8)
By zangetsu01 Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm
Coz wrote:I've gone the other way and switched my X preorder to the Live.

The delays were getting tedious and the partial refund will come in useful for other things. 8)

I fully understand bro, but I thought that there were other places in the U.K. that had them in stock..
By Coz Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 pm
Not for £1549 unfortunately. However desirable the X is, it's not worth £1849 IMO.

A few things have also changed here and having some portability has become more important than getting a studio centrepiece.

Dawson's have done a better job of looking after my money than I would have so I can't complain really! :lol: