MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By d2ba Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 am
How many of you are returning MPC-Live for MPC-X?
--providing you are within 30 day time limit (loophole that should be shutdown by US Music Retailers IMHO)
By marctronixx Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm
Live for portable use, X for the lab. Win win.

I actually pre ordered the X back in feb and was not even interested in the live until i was able to grab one. Now i cant give it up....
By MaScHiNeHeAd Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 pm
Portable was the draw for me too..Torn between Live & X initially, but when I looked around my lab, I realised I hadn't got space for the X, what with the 2500 & Maschine Studio rubbing shoulders!
Really liked the form factor of the Live, the portability & feature set were more than enough for me, plus the fact I got it at the original price...good all round!! 8) 8)
By Danoc Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm
I was going to get the X first, then I started thinking, its to big I love compact stuff and the Live is powerful. Works on battery, and the 2.0 software is working great for me. But I started thinking later I might get the X and have the Live. My thoughts of not buying another Drum machine for a long long while, so If I have the two I will be straight for the next 20 years! The pads, the swing the MPC gives me is unbeatable and that's for me of course!

I didn't preorder nothing, I got it from MF and I have been gone ever since. knocking out projects quicker and faster than dealing with trying to do it on a computer. MPC has this invisible magic to it that makes my juices to make music flow.
By Chillin Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 pm
d2ba wrote:How many of you are returning MPC-Live for MPC-X?
--providing you are within 30 day time limit (loophole that should be shutdown by US Music Retailers IMHO)

That is a funny comment coming from someone based in New Zealand.

Anyway, I did purchase the MPC-X, if it works well ill keep it. And might think about purchasing the Live as well for the portable comfortably.
By marctronixx Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:01 pm
How's about returning your Tesla model 3 for a brand new 2018 chevy volt....? :vomit: :smoker: (I just find excuses to use the smoking emoji.. :worthy: )
By Danoc Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 pm
Really is it a thought?
So Im suppose to leave my Live for this?

It doesn't have a battery so it can be portable. No touch screen! Only 1 gig ram while the Live/X has 2gig ram. X has 8 CV/Gate that only has 2 :WTF: .

Is that a half ass transport l see and they want 1,549 for this?

It has "Over Bridge" basic and Premium. Basic is not full fledged but premium is and can integrate with a DAW. But cost $99. That's not free but 2.0 is. The only thing l like about is the aluminum casing and pads! It does look better than the Digitakt.
It may not have that MPC feel and squencer swing l love. I like having one machine and mastering it. And being l can tote that Live around that is great for me.

Here's the kick in thr arse! USD it cost $1,549, dam like they gotta dome how get that extra 59 dollars! I got my Live for $959 dollars and l doubt highly that thing does what the Live or X does internally.

Nah I'll keep my Live. :nod: :smoker:

d2ba wrote:What about returning the MPC Live and instead getting the new Elektron Analog Rhythm MK2--now thats a thought!
By Danoc Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm
Well dam what a hefty price it is for starters lol shesh.

Fanu wrote:Rytm is an analog (drum) synth for starters with a very genuine step-based workflow…best not to compare :)
By d2ba Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 am
AR MK2 has the advantage of 8 real analog filters and parameter locks ----potentially making the AR MK2 a classic sampling drum machine following the footsteps of SP-1200
what more could you want? :) Id rate the AR Mk2 as the better buy over MPC-Live.
(You get a similar discount 10-15% of MAP price on AR MK2 as users here got for MPC-Live., so the change over figure is minimal :))