MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dorsey Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 pm
So if I create a kit in stand alone on the live , then go to open that project in the software.
Will the software transfer all the kits I have created and samples over automatically for me or do I need to place them manually in the right locations on my Mac?
Thanks
By 64padzzx3 Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm
I am trying to wrap my head around this myself they don't really make it all that clear,because if you ask me when you have the MPC in stand-a-lone mode and still hooked to the computer you should at least see the drive and be able to transfer files into the proper folders like any other drive but as far as I can tell as a work around you'll have to work off of your SD card or thumb drive it doesn't seem to want to work as far as transferring files into the MPC-Harddrive itself,if I'm wrong somebody holla!..... :-D
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 pm
64padzzx3 wrote:as far as I can tell as a work around you'll have to work off of your SD card or thumb drive it doesn't seem to want to work as far as transferring files into the MPC-Harddrive itself,if I'm wrong somebody holla!..... :-D

Correct, in the rush to finally get this product out they actually didn't get round to building in any way of transferring your projects off the internal drive... Dan has said they are 'looking into a solution'. :Sigh:

The solution is of course to ignore the internal drive and either save all your projects to external drives or install a separate internal SATA drive which apparently does appear as a removable drive in your computer when in controller mode. Or not - some drives don't seem to play ball (Crucial SSDs seem to be the ones mentioned in most negative posts, Sandisk seem to be good), or it could be the included blue USB cable which is apparently not working out for some people.

Either way, there's nothing automated - drag/drop, copy/paste etc. Hopefully they'll utilise that 'included wifi' to create some kind of clever backup and project transfer system.
By Danoc Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:40 pm
Ima try and keep this real simple.

When l make up a kit, lets say drums I get the sounds I want place them on a pad and make a drum pattern. I save that drum pattern on my SD card.

When I go to controller mode I'm able to bring in that drum pattern in the software easy as pie. If l want to bring it in either of my DAWs I can by exporting it as a wave file from the software . I even explode the tracks so they are separate individual tracks. Explode is a new feature. Im use to it because Reason has it.

dorsey wrote:So if I create a kit in stand alone on the live , then go to open that project in the software.
Will the software transfer all the kits I have created and samples over automatically for me or do I need to place them manually in the right locations on my Mac?
Thanks