MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djhighfly Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:17 pm
Hello friends, i have a short question:

a sequence nr. 1 beatloop with beat on pad A01 (Program 1) should not overlap onto sequence nr. 2 (also a beatloop on pad A01 but a different program)

how can i do it without "trim the beat onto sequence lenght" or "making a note on sample"? mute target seems not to work

thanks!

alex
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm
Might wanna try Transposing. Hit the Pencil icon next to the sequence grid on your right. There is your editing tools. Haven't tried it on the Live but thats what you want. And you know it.
By djhighfly Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:19 pm
i mean sample 1 in sequence 1 (sample is longer then sequence) = off in sequence 2

now the sample from sequence 1 plays over my new sequence 2, i dont want that
By djhighfly Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 am
thank you very much!

but: last try

i have one sequence, 2 bars long ok ? ok !

the sequence has one track with one wav sample (easiest thing a mpc can do with a sample). it loops very good in this sequence, 100% fine! i can play this one sequence as a loop the whole night, everything is fine.

although the sample is longer (yes it´s longer) then the sequence, it loops fine, because it cuts itself off, that is super! i have not done anything special to this sample, everytime the sequence loops, the sample starts again! the sample don´t play the longer tail over the startpoint, so it´s correct.

and now the incredible wonder starts , noone in five boards can answer this one holy question:

my song will not be only one sequence, that i can play the whole night, no! i want another sequence! but the next sequence has program 2 with a different wav sample. and now the beat from sequence 1 / programm 1 goes with the tail over to sequence 2 and destroys everything.

i know that i can shorten the samples, so that they are not longer than the sequence (bad for endings on last sequences where i want the tail as an ending). i also know that i can put both samples in one program, to make a mute group thing.. but because of bad saving options on the mpc live, i wanted to have a new programm, to edit stuff later, or load individually,

in the program edit there ist polyphony = mono , pad start and pad end is not selectable, and whatelse? at the moment i can not find one shot or note on... maybe one reason why many people are overwhelmed in finding something on this machine...

25 years ago i told my fasttracker software on an amiga 500 "dont play here" with pressing one key, and here?

thank you very much and sorry for asking the maybe most complicated question in the history of making two sequences!
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 am
dont own the Live but on legacy MPCs there are a few ways...

Obviously trim the sample.... if you need it to play out somewhere in your song then use the untruncated sample in a different sequence.

Next option is is to put the 2 samples in the same program and assign them to a group so the new sample chokes the other.

Last option is to assign an empty pad in the same program as the sample you want to stop to choke that sample in the new sequence. This is probably the only way if you absolutely need the samples to be in different programs. Hope that is clear enough.