MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:30 pm
I would like to know has anyone used the beat detect with the Live Software or X software?

I would like to use it because it is essential for me if I want to get back into sampling, the way I have seen it work in the Ren Software is so easy. I am trying to identify where it is in the 2.0 Software and how to get to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wbNAEHQhRM&t=16s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mS9tu1wSs&t=12s
By Danoc Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:24 pm
Yeah l needed to know it was in the same spot in 2.0 software. Thanks this is great.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Not sure I understand, BPM detection hasn't gone anywhere since those videos were recorded. It's there in SAMPLE EDIT and it's even better in 2.0, it works perfectly every time.
By Danoc Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 pm
Hey Kay was that bug in version 1.8 or 1.9 software? I haven't heard of a bug in w.0 if you have let me know.

kaydigi wrote:Did the firmware fix the 30bpm bug that pops from time to time?
By kaydigi Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:01 pm
Danoc wrote:Hey Kay was that bug in version 1.8 or 1.9 software? I haven't heard of a bug in w.0 if you have let me know.

kaydigi wrote:Did the firmware fix the 30bpm bug that pops from time to time?

It's in 2.0 in the software and hardware. It will default to 30 bpm occasionally when you are doing any real time stretching.
By Fanu Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm
The fastest way to find out the BPM of a sample?
Go to sample edit > timestretch, and enter the number of beats in the sample, and it'll show you its BPM (e.g., if it's 2 bars long, enter 8 beats, and it'll show you the BPM).
Not on my MPC right now but I think that's it.
By Danoc Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 am
:worthy: That's it bro thank you. Thats what l was looking for.

Ima get back into sampling

Fanu wrote:The fastest way to find out the BPM of a sample?
Go to sample edit > timestretch, and enter the number of beats in the sample, and it'll show you its BPM (e.g., if it's 2 bars long, enter 8 beats, and it'll show you the BPM).
Not on my MPC right now but I think that's it.