MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Pb21 Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 pm
Ive made my project in standalone mode but needed to do some work in melodyne on the vocals.

I cant access my project in controller mode so not sure if its me being stupid. when i click on mpcdocuments mpc2 says plugin but no project access.

So what am i doing wrong. in mpc 2 if i go file i cant get to it that way either.

My expectation was that i could open in controller mode and access the project created in standalone mode and open it on my pc and then grab those vocals.

as always help is very much appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm
Pb21 wrote:My expectation was that i could open in controller mode and access the project created in standalone mode and open it on my pc and then grab those vocals.

When people first started talking about hybrid MPCs years ago, I think most assumed it would do something like this, seems like a very obvious and seamless integration to have between standalone and controller modes.

Unfortunately this is not how it works. In fact as things stand, 'nothing' works when it comes to the internal 16GB drive - your computer has no access to it in any shape or form.

IMO don't save anything to this drive until they come up with a solution. Save to external drives/disks and load these drives separately into your computer. Apparently your computer can see an internal SATA drive if you have installed one, but only as a separate removable drive.