MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By pspsounds Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:59 am
I like using the MPC X. It has great features and I really enjoy using it in standalone mode. I was looking forward to using the Bluetooth and Wifi functions but as we all know only the "Coming Soon" page is showing. This happened with the Touch too and I hope this doesn't become normal with Akai's new products. My goal was to eventually grab the Live and X. But until this is sorted out I'll wait. Please share if you have any info on Bluetooth and Wifi for the Live/X.

Back to the beats.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:53 pm
kaydigi wrote:The Bluetooth lpk was also mentioned by Andy before the Live release.

I can live without that while they work on fixing the more pressing stuff like automation edit, improved browser etc. It would be good for them to implement wifi backup and file transfers, but I'm not holding my breath.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm
pspsounds wrote:I can live without the Bluetooth and Wifi functions too but this was something that was supposed to have already been there. It wouldn't be an issue if the "Coming Soon" part was actually soon and not 6+ months away.

I completely agree that having the 'includes bluetooth & wifi' sticker on the box was very poor when the Live had neither implemented. But I'm not too worried about the 'coming soon' page for this until I know exactly what it's actually going to bring to the table. If it's just LPK support then...whatever... :lol:
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Last I heard, bluetooth is for wireless MIDI controllers and wifi will be for file transfer that you access with an app on your smart phone or tablet.

I can understand wifi not there because Akai is still developing the app but bluetooth could've been implenented already imo.