MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By csxdy Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 am
Hey!

First post here :)
I have a question to you MPC Live owners:
Does your mpc freezes too?
It ( especially after working longer on a session) happens when i am on the mainscreen
on the audio track view. if i then touch the screen, it freezes, and i have to reboot the machine.

By csxdy Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Bug or not, it is defective as it doesn't work. Send it back.

It is a huge difference for me if its defective or if ALL Mpc´s have this problem, because its a software bug.

If its a software bug, i could wait for Akai to fix it in an update. ( i am on 2.0.3)
If its defective, i could go to the shop and ask for a working one.

Thats why i am asking if somebody here has the same problem ;)
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 pm
My point is, if your new MPC Live is continually freezing and requiring a reboot then, by any stretch of the imagination, it is defective. :wink:

I have not seen many reports of this happening in the standalone UI. However I can confirm that audio tracks do lead to system crashes in the computer GUI - I had one this morning and several last week on different computers running different OS (Mac el capitan & sierra) - they appear random.

If this is a software problem then I would advise caution in assuming that Akai will be fixing the problem any time soon, (if at all). They are not known for attending to software issues with any haste, especially if it's not a problem affecting many people. :popcorn:

If touching the touchscreen is causing a hang, it could be hardware. Regardless, contact Akai, explain the issue and push them on getting a new unit.
By 64padzzx3 Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm
Ok,my story I bought thee "X" started getting glitchy sound in some samples they would go away so didn't think nothing of it I thought "Well this is Akai,you know they got bugs"ok this was with the software end of it,one day I turn it on in stand-a-lone mode and no matter what I do my sounds are all glitched out to the point of unusable (now they say that the exact same 2.0 software is also within the stand-a-lone MPCs,so hmmmm?)well needless to say after only having it a week I sent it back and am now waiting on a new one...I have a renaissance hooked up to the 2.0 software so cool no big deal.......except that now my samples are starting to glitch out again after a moment or two it seems to shake it off but the software still crashes and freezes bad.My whole thing is I've owned two 3000s,a 2500 and a 5000 and that was tech from way back and those machines were solid and flawless here we are in thee 21st century and they can't get their stuff to work??? (Hmmmmmm :? )
By csxdy Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:My point is, if your new MPC Live is continually freezing and requiring a reboot then, by any stretch of the imagination, it is defective. :wink:

I have not seen many reports of this happening in the standalone UI. However I can confirm that audio tracks do lead to system crashes in the computer GUI - I had one this morning and several last week on different computers running different OS (Mac el capitan & sierra) - they appear random.

If this is a software problem then I would advise caution in assuming that Akai will be fixing the problem any time soon, (if at all). They are not known for attending to software issues with any haste, especially if it's not a problem affecting many people. :popcorn:

If touching the touchscreen is causing a hang, it could be hardware. Regardless, contact Akai, explain the issue and push them on getting a new unit.

Ok, thank you very much ;) that helps a lot.
Gonna get a new one (hopefully a working one) :worthy: