MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BeatWilson Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm
Anyone else wish Akai didn't add a half ass Clip Launch mode on the MPC and gave us Realtime Timestretch in Drum programs and all the other features that should of been with it instead of focus on that MomboJumbo?

Cause honestly if i wanted to clip launch i would get ableton. Clip launching is pretty lazy... But i get when people are clip Launching they are usually focused on another instrument like a Synth or something else adding to there performance/set... I get clip launching... I just honestly have basically no use for it since I live finger drum everything or i just use the sequencer...

I feel all this clip launching thing did was attract a bunch of House/electro/club/dubstep producers...
By Danoc Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm
I guess I am not to worried about clip launching doing time stretch when I have two DAWs that can time stretch perfect, so I don't worry about it. I went in for two reasons and didn't expect time stretch to be honest, so my expectations weren't as such. I thought there was some type of time stretch that you could rock with? I get it though you wanted it in the drum program. Maybe Akai will do some thing about it, I don't know, but I am happy with my unit.

BeatWilson wrote:Anyone else wish Akai didn't add a half ass Clip Launch mode on the MPC and gave us Realtime Timestretch in Drum programs and all the other features that should of been with it instead of focus on that MomboJumbo?

Cause honestly if i wanted to clip launch i would get ableton. Clip launching is pretty lazy... But i get when people are clip Launching they are usually focused on another instrument like a Synth or something else adding to there performance/set... I get clip launching... I just honestly have basically no use for it since I live finger drum everything or i just use the sequencer...

I feel all this clip launching thing did was attract a bunch of House/electro/club/dubstep producers...
By fl92 Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Anyone else wish Akai didn't add a half ass Clip Launch mode on the MPC and gave us Realtime Timestretch in Drum programs and all the other features that should of been with it instead of focus on that MomboJumbo?

sneak diss
By jpeg Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm
BeatWilson wrote:I feel all this clip launching thing did was attract a bunch of House/electro/club/dubstep producers...

so u only want mpc to be for hip hop producers; i dont see how interest from other genre impacts what ur using the unit for
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:07 pm

It´s due to Andy from Nukai. He needs this clip launching crap for his solo project DICK TRAP. That´s what he told me at NAMM.

Here you can see him rockin´ the new MPC X Limited Edition! It gotz dem ikoniq MPC paddzzz!!!

By Ill-Green Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm
I wouldn't say that the Live/X are not aimed at Hip Hop, the standalone challenges show that. I never used the Clip Launching though, could've done without that. I create my own clips using the traditional features. An MPC standalone without pitch-shift is like ???
By BeatWilson Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 pm
It was the HipHop community who really took the MPC and pushed it to make music like DJ Shadows Endtroducing. I know people who make Ambient music, Instrumental Jazz, Breaks, DNB etc etc without needing clip launch so no I'm not just saying only hiphop. I just see clip launching is something people like The Glitch Mob use but atleast they do it well. They are entertaining to watch. Ive watched a lot of shows and yeah.... not so interested in people pushing buttons to quantized clips. I understand why people are interested, but still. I have no use for it.

Pitch Shift would of definitely been more useful because there are easy ways to work around clip launching. Its not needed. Its just a "Convent" thing i guess that people expect this day in age.

I use the MPC also in a traditional way or use it in realtime and drum it all out as i go along.

I feel since the MPC 5000 and JJOS all didn't feel 100% because of the lack of computer integration(exporting to ableton without using another audio card, or drag and drop for example). I just feel that they are going of course with the whole clip launch just to appease to another crowd instead of finishing the MPC's they have been working on and never finished... Thats all. Not a big deal. Im not trying to bash electronic music, just some of standalone mpcs users from the past expect them to atleast have features like pitch shift instead of jumping or skipping steps to have clip launching. they could of just added copy and past in grid more or anything along those lines. thats all I'm saying. This machine still has hella potential. Im just holding off getting it until they add these normal "everyday" features that should of been there from the start.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:52 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Im just holding off getting it until they add these normal "everyday" features that should of been there from the start.

I´ve heard those features are coming soon...