MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:33 am
Awhhh man you're talking my language get outta my head lol

Yeah l loved my old setup it was a joy to learn on. When l found l could fo music with no floor noise and do my gain dtaging in that environment l was sold.

Yeah lma get thst stand for my Live most def. I wanna get the proper water proof hard shell case for my live to travel.

But you got it going on though!

marctronixx wrote:Thanks for your kind words brotha. I kinda of have a little bit invested.

Ive seen your old setup back in the day and that was cool man. I am a big fan of hardware gear. I even have a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down to a maintained 42-45% relative humidity. Climate controlled to 75 degrees. The analog oscillators in the OB6 appreciate that.

Yeah that's an s950. Launch day purchased. Traded in a 4 track reel to reel and some other stuff I forgot PLUS cash to get it.

What you dont see is a Fostex D2424LV HDD 24 track recorder, Sony DAT, and some other trinkets in the rack.

The other side of the kitchen i have a Jupiter 80, Ob6, and Prophet Rev2 16 voice. I just took this photo to show these stands are really cool. They can be articulated in many different viewing positions.

The LIVE lives in a backpack .. I just took it out to show it on the stand.

The X is just like how I had the mpc 2KXL studio plus: its the hub of everything. Currently the X is midi syncing the s950, Jupiter-80, REV2 16 voice, and Ob6. The X records from the synths to. The X is also triggering a gated sequencer patch from the CV output on the to the CV input on the REV2. This is exactly how I wanted things to be when i saw the X being announced.

Still have not installed the software.
By Danoc Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 am
:shock: :WTF: WTF dam you went from tje live to the X? You killing it! Love the heat! Mam thank you for all the help when l asked you questions. You can flood this thread with any thing you got.

masada2502 wrote:

heres my Mpc X..Loving it ..
By marctronixx Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:38 am
So these are the synths the X is handling... top to bottom: DSI OB-6, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland Jupiter-80.

I used to have a bunch of gear but sold it off as I was having gear paralysis.. soo much stuff and was afraid to do any music. so I sold a lot of stuff (my beloved Juno-60 i picked up in 1986 :cry: )

.. and my mentor on the computer screen .. ol' pilgrim thump shoe wearin' head ass... :worthy: :WTF: :-D :smoker: :nod: :popcorn: (im kidding 'NOC!!!! kiddin' brotha!!!!!! I joke with you but I respect you and your posts man. thanks for rollin' with me!!)

By masada2502 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 am
Danoc wrote::shock: :WTF: WTF dam you went from tje live to the X? You killing it! Love the heat! Mam thank you for all the help when l asked you questions. You can flood this thread with any thing you got.

masada2502 wrote:

heres my Mpc X..Loving it ..

thx everyone ...loving my X ....thanks for letting me share
By Danoc Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 am
Haaha lol :lol: :lol: you ate crazy man lol
Who is that ole milk dud head dude on your screen?
Is that me on your computer screen mangggggg! Lmao ? :lol: :lol:

Dam you still got some stuff though. Being you have the X man the routing you can do is bananas!

I have a sie setup but whats in my computer to compliment my Live is where the magic happens

marctronixx wrote:So these are the synths the X is handling... top to bottom: DSI OB-6, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland Jupiter-80.

I used to have a bunch of gear but sold it off as I was having gear paralysis.. soo much stuff and was afraid to do any music. so I sold a lot of stuff (my beloved Juno-60 i picked up in 1986 :cry: )

.. and my mentor on the computer screen .. ol' pilgrim thump shoe wearin' head ass... :worthy: :WTF: :-D :smoker: :nod: :popcorn: (im kidding 'NOC!!!! kiddin' brotha!!!!!! I joke with you but I respect you and your posts man. thanks for rollin' with me!!)
Last edited by Danoc on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Icepulse Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 am
Yo, an aside; iMPC Pro was updated last week, w/ proper export to 2.0 (including in tact chops, so they say). Haven't tried exporting yet, but they claim to have squashed all bugs.

Just a heads up. Might be really nice, if Retronyms actually nailed it, this time.
By starmanwarz Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 am
marctronixx wrote:So these are the synths the X is handling... top to bottom: DSI OB-6, DSI Prophet REV2, Roland Jupiter-80.

Are you enjoying your Rev2? I have the 8voice one on my radar.
By djhighfly Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:38 am
Hello friends!

For my german tutorials, i made a one sequence loop and captured it as a video.

The beat was made in standalone-mode and i edited it on the 2.0 software. The problem in standalone-mode is: there is no mute for audio, so i had to make a long sequence, to copy and move the audio. Or: make audio as programm and then midi ....

At the moment it is not easy to work with audio, i hope it will be better in future updates.

greetings from Berlin

Alex

By marctronixx Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:01 pm
Its my first prophet. Its a gorgeous sound. If you know DSI you know the build quality is choice.

Ive made a couple patches to get my feet wet with it. The ob6 and REV2 play nicely together.

You are in for a treat sir should you go and get one. Its everything the prophet 8 should have been.

starmanwarz wrote:

Are you enjoying your Rev2? I have the 8voice one on my radar.