MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:22 pm
This is bananas, it's that easy? I am getting back into sampling this is crazy.

By marctronixx Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:54 pm
LOL Where you been bro? :worthy: This was one of the early features talked about. Its called the "lazy chop". With "sample lock" if you mess up you can go in and adjust the regions and the regions around that region will "snap" or adjust as you tweak. Super super super cool!

No need to buy libraries. With the portability of the Live you can record on the spot anything you hear.

I love sampling! Its all in do! Started out on a Casio SK-1 , then the SDK-5 up to the 950, MPC 2KXL studio plus and now the Live and X.
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:18 pm
I didn't know nothing about this. I wasn't paying attention nor did l have any knowledge of this feature. Now l do. :nod: 7

marctronixx wrote:LOL Where you been bro? :worthy: This was one of the early features talked about. Its called the "lazy chop". With "sample lock" if you mess up you can go in and adjust the regions and the regions around that region will "snap" or adjust as you tweak. Super super super cool!

No need to buy libraries. With the portability of the Live you can record on the spot anything you hear.

I love sampling! Its all in do! Started out on a Casio SK-1 , then the SDK-5 up to the 950, MPC 2KXL studio plus and now the Live and X.
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:19 pm
Hell with that lm using lt lol you can call it lazy loops , daddy loops etc lol

Fanu wrote:When "lazy chop" was invented, some people on this forum actually got offended by that name and all and said it shouldn't be used :D
SMH
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:26 pm
:lol: me too so l can then make complexed compositions

pspsounds wrote:When it comes to chopping on the MPC I love being lazy. 8)
By Ill-Green Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm
It was once called real-time chopping. The Korg MicroSampler could do it and probably was the first but that can lazy chop incoming signals and lay them on the keys as you go.
By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm
Ill-Green wrote:It was once called real-time chopping. The Korg MicroSampler could do it and probably was the first but that can lazy chop incoming signals and lay them on the keys as you go.

That sounds correct. Im on the hunt for a turn table and a dope neddle. Ima be on some ish!
By godlike Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 pm
Yes, I too thought that "lazy" was a negative way of describing something so useful.

Very poor marketing on AKAI's part. . . or does it express a feeling AKAI has about it's consumers?
By Fanu Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 pm
godlike wrote:Yes, I too thought that "lazy" was a negative way of describing something so useful.

Very poor marketing on AKAI's part. . . or does it express a feeling AKAI has about it's consumers?

The name was made up by a user, not Akai, as far as I can recall.
By Icepulse Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm
I was pushing on you to get down w/ Live chopping from the giddyap, Noc!! LOL

By Danoc Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm
Well you sure got my attention now lol l didn't know it was that easy now. Now that l got it lma be doing some serious work.

Icepulse wrote:I was pushing on you to get down w/ Live chopping from the giddyap, Noc!! LOL