MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MpcLive Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:47 am
Hey guys, previously MPC4k here. Just bought me a MPCLive, as the Mode button on my 2500 failed sometime ago.
Hope everyone's well :worthy:

Enquiries:

- MIC
I've tweaked through all the inputs and I can't get a signal from my USB Apogee. What am I missing?

- Sample cut off
How do I get samples to stop playing once another sample is triggered?

- Copy and paste
How can I copy and paste notes?

- Reverb
How do I assign reverb to individual samples?

- New project
How do I start afresh?

- CPU
Any way to expand CPU power?

Many thanks :worthy: :smoker:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:52 am
MpcLive wrote:How do I get samples to stop playing once another sample is triggered?

In the manual, search for 'mute groups'

- Copy and paste

Can't be done in the grid ATM. Go to MAIN > pencil icon at end of row > COPY EVENTS

- Reverb

PROGRAM EDIT > EFFECTS

- New project
How do I start afresh?

Hit the folder icon at the centre top of page in MAIN

- CPU

No.
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 pm
MpcLive wrote:- MIC
I've tweaked through all the inputs and I can't get a signal from my USB Apogee. What am I missing?

You can't plug a USB mic straight into the Live. Gonna have to get its signal from an external interface and connect its audio out to the Live's inputs. Of course, thats for standalone.

Might work if you switch to controller mode and use 2.0. Then maybe you can connect straight to the Live, since it is an interface in controller mode.
By MpcLive Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
MpcLive wrote:How do I get samples to stop playing once another sample is triggered?

In the manual, search for 'mute groups'

- Copy and paste

Can't be done in the grid ATM. Go to MAIN > pencil icon at end of row > COPY EVENTS

- Reverb

PROGRAM EDIT > EFFECTS

- New project
How do I start afresh?

Hit the folder icon at the centre top of page in MAIN

- CPU

No.

Thank you
By MpcLive Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
MpcLive wrote:- MIC

You can't plug a USB mic straight into the Live. Gonna have to get its signal from an external interface and connect its audio out to the Live's inputs. Of course, thats for standalone.

Might work if you switch to controller mode and use 2.0. Then maybe you can connect straight to the Live, since it is an interface in controller mode.

Thanks. So MPC Live isn't as portable as I first assumed. Bit disappointing. Now I wish I had bought the X instead :WTF:
By marctronixx Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 am
for the MPC LIVE. there are really good dynamic mics and also condenser mics with built in batteries/power that will work just well.
By vanballen Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 am
Dude... I understand that in the beginning you have a lot of questions... but most of these questions are really clearly stated in the manual.. Just read it first.. try to solve it yourself...

It is not that you can't ask the questions here.. but you really need to get familiair with your MPC.. trial and error.. look up in the manual.. try again.. and so on.. that way you will really understand it instead of just ask it and do it that way..

An MPC is an advanced piece of equipment.. especially the new generations.. I don't want to wine.. but a bit more self learning will not hurt you m8..
By MpcLive Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 am
marctronixx wrote:for the MPC LIVE. there are really good dynamic mics and also condenser mics with built in batteries/power that will work just well.

Thanks I'll look into it. Right now I'm using USB Apogee to record into iPhone app MultiTrack, then I record into the MPCL's Sampler via audio in. I'm making Lo-Fi, so its a plus if I lose quality :-D
By MpcLive Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 am
vanballen wrote:Dude... I understand that in the beginning you have a lot of questions... but most of these questions are really clearly stated in the manual.. Just read it first.. try to solve it yourself...

It is not that you can't ask the questions here.. but you really need to get familiair with your MPC.. trial and error.. look up in the manual.. try again.. and so on.. that way you will really understand it instead of just ask it and do it that way..

An MPC is an advanced piece of equipment.. especially the new generations.. I don't want to wine.. but a bit more self learning will not hurt you m8..

It's far more efficient for me to post here. I'm more about content creation, rather than gear lust.

I wouldn't say the MPC is advanced. If anything its workflow is pretty archaic, long winded, unnecessarily complicated, etc.
By Lampdog Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 pm
MpcLive wrote:It's far more efficient for me to post here.

Your asking people to do your homework. Basics that the manual most likely covers.
Basics of your own gear. Your first line of support should be you.

MpcLive wrote:I'm more about content creation, rather than gear lust.

He didn't imply your had a lust for gear.

MpcLive wrote:I wouldn't say the MPC is advanced. If anything its workflow is pretty archaic, long winded, unnecessarily complicated, etc.

Then sell it, send it back, get rid of it. If you continue to feel that way it will stiffle your creativity. Get something else that makes you feel better about it, it's features and feel.