MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By marctronixx Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:44 pm
With how this model is updated, printing out a manual would be a waste. I DO miss the gold old days of thumbing through a manual, but these days wing not he go so much, it’s easier to be able to open up a pad viewer and keyword search what you're after. I will say I appreciate MPC tutors efforts in making this manual easier to read and understand.

My experience and as always, YMMV...
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:11 pm
marctronixx wrote:With how this model is updated, printing out a manual would be a waste. I DO miss the gold old days of thumbing through a manual, but these days wing not he go so much, it’s easier to be able to open up a pad viewer and keyword search what you're after. I will say I appreciate MPC tutors efforts in making this manual easier to read and understand.

My experience and as always, YMMV...
I finally picked this up during the last sale. It's as good as I expected.

As much as I love hard copies of books, I've not felt the need to print this out yet. Occasionally I'm reading straight through, but more than not searching for something specific where the e-version is more useful.

After the 2.6 update, I may print a copy to keep at the day job though. The last 3 updates make stand alone much more useful to me. Relying exclusively on the software & VIs until now, I have some studying to do.

Tutor, looking forward to the 2.6 update!