MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 pm
handed wrote:Just wondering, if I were to buy this, would I get access to future versions if you update it in line with future MPC OS updates? 2.11 etc

I update the MPC Bible from time to time, minor revisions are free (there's been 15 free revisions to date), major updates would be offered at a discounted price for existing owners.
By handed Thu May 12, 2022 3:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
handed wrote:Just wondering, if I were to buy this, would I get access to future versions if you update it in line with future MPC OS updates? 2.11 etc

I update the MPC Bible from time to time, minor revisions are free (there's been 15 free revisions to date), major updates would be offered at a discounted price for existing owners.

Good to know, thanks. May well pick it up come payday.
By Schnooker Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:08 pm
Just a quicky.. if I were to print this for 2.11, would I have to reprint for a future updated version, or is there a section for addendums?

I’d really like a hard-copy of this for reference, but I’m hesitant to for the above reason.

Many thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:14 am
Updates have not been appendums, it can't work like that as I generally have to go through all 800 existing pages and update text and screenshots (literally hundreds of updated screenshots in the last update), plus I prefer to modify existing tutorials to see how new features can be worked into that chapter, rather than just bolting it on the end. Maintaining a natural, flowing structure to the course is a priority.

It's also quite common for existing tutorials to become outdated by newly introduced firmware features, so often existing tutorials and workflows might be completely re-written and re-worked to reflect the more recent features.

BTW, there is a 'release notes' section which details all the major changes since the previous release, listed by chapter etc.

Schnooker wrote:Just a quicky.. if I were to print this for 2.11, would I have to reprint for a future updated version, or is there a section for addendums?

I’d really like a hard-copy of this for reference, but I’m hesitant to for the above reason.

Many thanks!
By Cate Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:08 pm
Bought it yesterday, already six chapters in and finding it very helpful. Decided to spend the rest of my summer wisely as 'education' time, following the course and mastering the One.

Very good work- thank you.