MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Christov Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Christov wrote:Thanx for the fast reply! So if I understand you correct if I buy the current one I can get the 2.10 for free when it's released?

Yes, it also says this on the product page ATM, anyone who buys the current version of the book is going to get the 2.10 update for free.

Good to know. A friend once gave a copy of your 1000 Bible and that really helped me out to get started with it. Way more practical than akai's own manual. Gonna buy the One/live/x soon!
By Monotremata Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 pm
I still haven't even read half of it yet, but the MPC Bible is one of the best 'how to' guides ever written. Its almost mandatory, Akai should license it and give out a copy with each MPC. Their manual is nice, but it reads like stereo instructions. All the features are there, but as a reference, with no clue how to put them to use. The Bible jumps right in and walks you through all of it in the easiest way with tutorials to show you how its done. I read the sample chapter on chopping like 2 days after I got my MPC Studio back in 2019 and that alone did it for me. Bought the book no questions asked, will gladly purchase 2.0 when it drops too!
By synaptyx Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks for the great review!

You are more than welcome! It's such incredible value for the sheer amount of information being presented. On every page, I catch myself going "Ah-ha! That's cool!" lol! Great work and I am looking forward to the 2.10 update. :worthy:
By synaptyx Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:19 pm
NearTao wrote:Dig the setup...
Thank you!
and definitely enjoy the One... the latest MPC line is great, and with the latest update has so many features to get into.

And agreed, besides being a must read for the MPC line, the Bible is extremely well laid out and answers so many things you didn't even think to ask :D.
Absolutely in agreement with you there. I'm just blown away that this is the baby MPC. What incredible value! Even if I paid extra for the Retro lolol! Really tho, looking at the options, I have no desire for the Live II or the big-fella X! Everything is accessible in multiple ways on the One and I am absolutely in love with the Retro version's livery! This is a bold new adventure for me and I'm determined to get through the MPC Bible as I've never committed to a study/tutorial programme for any gear before and I feel like not only the MPC One deserves it, but the MPC Bible deserves it as well. I'm just (repeating myself) blown away by this little box. Can't wait to be kicking out some chill beats, as the kids say these days. :smoker: :lol:
By synaptyx Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:28 pm
Quick question - I'm not sure where to put it, but I am currently on 2.9 and was wondering if it's wise to update to 2.10 at the moment. I don't have any of my own projects right now, just working through the MPC Bible as it currently stands and am curious about the new synths, etc.
Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:11 pm
Quick question - I'm not sure where to put it, but I am currently on 2.9 and was wondering if it's wise to update to 2.10 at the moment. I don't have any of my own projects right now, just working through the MPC Bible as it currently stands and am curious about the new synths, etc.

Hopefully will have the 2.10 update out this week, so not long now. But I won't be adding any thing specifically for the new synths, too much existing content needs updating and the priority is to get all the current tutorials fully working with 2.10. The existing tutorials already show you how to initially set up and use plugin instruments (valid for any of the plugins).

There's extra stuff for many of the new 2.10 features (e.g. some of the new FX, drum FX, randomisation, tail length, fx racks, etc), but the extensive changes in 2.10 to program edit has meant a huge overhaul of many screenshots and workflows, lots of text updates, some re-jigging of existing content (with big improvements to keygroup tutorials) plus I've basically had to completely recreate most of the example projects throughout the book.

I'm thinking of making supplemental guides for the kind of topics that need much more than one chapter in a book, e.g. building custom plugin patches, indepth FX techniques, Ableton integration etc. It's just not possible to cover literally every single feature in one book
By synaptyx Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hopefully will have the 2.10 update out this week
Wow! :worthy:
I won't be adding any thing specifically for the new synth The existing tutorials already show you how to initially set up and use plugin instruments (valid for any of the plugins).
No probs. I just want to play with new toys. :-D
I'm thinking of making supplemental guides for the kind of topics that need much more than one chapter in a book
That would be great! And you're right, it's an insane amount of stuff that's crammed in already. I'll wait for now and re-read from the start when the 2.10 version is out. Thanks for your detailed response and dedication. It is appreciated! :nod:
By infiniteposse Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:58 am
Hi all-

I've recently gotten back into the world of Akai with a MPC Live 2 retro. I've purchased the MPC Bible after reading infinite great reviews and went to print it out at Staples, but they read the first page with the copyright info and wouldn't do it. Does anyone know if there's a formal "it's ok to print this" anywhere in writing that I could point them to? My understanding is that it's the intention of @mpctutor that's ok to print, but the copyright reads "No part of this book, nor any of its associated tutorial files may be reproduced, resold, transferred or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission of the Publisher," so it's reasonable that they won't move forward without some clarity about it be ok. I don't see anything in the FAQ about this subject and also no formal topics I could find on the forum, so I thought I'd just ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:39 pm
Eddie Spectral wrote:I would like you to translate it to Spanish. I know many people here in Spain who wanted it to be translated. We would pay an extra money for it. Could you?

I currently do not get many requests for translation, maybe three requests for spanish in 5 years. I update the book frequently, often rewriting entire sections or making small changes in many places, so I would have to get the book re-translated every time I update. It wouldn't be a one time job, so would be very expensive to maintain foreign language versions.
By softroom Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:39 am
Are there any tips in the book for getting a solid and tight MIDI clock from an MPC One? I'm currently trying a One in place of my Octatrack and hearing all kinds of artifacts on synced devices (e.g. a Boss RC-505-II and 1010music Blackbox). If I put the OT back as master, the loopers sound sweet and untroubled again.
By mdgarp Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:40 pm
Eddie Spectral wrote:I would like you to translate it to Spanish. I know many people here in Spain who wanted it to be translated. We would pay an extra money for it. Could you?

I used deepl.com to translate the bible into Italian and they did a great job, the technical terms remain unchanged so you understand well