MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BerserkerKing Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 am
Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome resource. I'm only just barely into it, and I'm a slow learner so it's definitely slow going, however I can already tell this is going to be so valuable in the long run. Only thing that'd make it better is a video series of the same instruction; I'd pay additional for that in a heartbeat!
By hyperbolist Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm
I really appreciate the one-giant-tutorial feel of your book. This has been a great experience so far. Thank you for putting this together.

As a software engineer I encounter a lot of hands-on tutorials which aim to walk you through all of the steps required to do a thing, and this reads as one of the greatest of the genre. Your work is superior, I think, because the aim isn't merely to get an end-result as with the software tutorials I see, but rather to generate understanding in the reader. Other technical writers should take note.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:11 pm
hyperbolist wrote:I really appreciate the one-giant-tutorial feel of your book. This has been a great experience so far. Thank you for putting this together.

As a software engineer I encounter a lot of hands-on tutorials which aim to walk you through all of the steps required to do a thing, and this reads as one of the greatest of the genre. Your work is superior, I think, because the aim isn't merely to get an end-result as with the software tutorials I see, but rather to generate understanding in the reader. Other technical writers should take note.

Wow, thank you!
By BigSmilez Tue May 11, 2021 11:53 am
Purchased the MPC on Saturday, went through Akai's reference videos & felt a little underwhelmed. They just assume that you know your way around the machine.
Researched a bit on reddit & finally bought the MPC Bible. It's very nicely put together. A gem of a resource. Thanks for taking the time to write this book.
By Freedom357 Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 pm
I updated to the 2.10 and now I cant get the software to recognize my MPCX, "LOOKING FOR COMPUTER", is all I get now, updated as usual and did nothing different, the software is ok, the MPCX is not recognized...Is this new update only meant for the new MPCs??, whats going on??
By synaptyx Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 pm
I got my MPC One (Retro!) yesterday as an attempt to expand my repertoire of get-away-from-the-computer gear and I already have the feeling I'll be blown away with this little machine.

I came across this site whilst Googling for answers to some basic questions (external batteries, stands, etc) and every time I did, this forum was at the top of the results.

The MPC Bible page got me curious and so I did a quick Google for reviews. On the strength of those reviews, I bought it.

I am absolutely thrilled that someone has gone to all this effort to create this massive tutorial for the MPC line. I'm right at the beginning (my iPad says I'm 132 pages into the 1006 page epub version and I'm really happy with the quality and level of detail in the book.

I have always lusted after, but never owned an MPC, so have no real experience and need a hand-holding approach which the MPC Bible provides entirely condescension free, which is extremely refreshing. Worth every penny! Thank you! :worthy:

Pretend this is an Amazon review, here's your 5-stars: ★★★★★

(I have a better stand on order :lol: lol)

By NearTao Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:23 pm
synaptyx wrote:I have always lusted after, but never owned an MPC, so have no real experience and need a hand-holding approach which the MPC Bible provides entirely condescension free, which is extremely refreshing. Worth every penny! Thank you! :worthy:

Pretend this is an Amazon review, here's your 5-stars: ★★★★★

(I have a better stand on order :lol: lol)

Dig the setup... and definitely enjoy the One... the latest MPC line is great, and with the latest update has so many features to get into.

And agreed, besides being a must read for the MPC line, the Bible is extremely well laid out and answers so many things you didn't even think to ask :D.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:16 pm
I'm following a similar model that most software adopts, so minor updates are free, major updates will have an upgrade fee. The 2.10 compatible edition of the MPC Bible will be a free update.

When MPC Bible '2' is released (many months away) this will not be free as it's a significant overhaul with new tutorials, new workflows, new features etc, but existing owners will be offered the book for a reduced cost.
By Christov Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I'm following a similar model that most software adopts, so minor updates are free, major updates will have an upgrade fee. The 2.10 compatible edition of the MPC Bible will be a free update.

When MPC Bible '2' is released (many months away) this will not be free as it's a significant overhaul with new tutorials, new workflows, new features etc, but existing owners will be offered the book for a reduced cost.

Thanx for the fast reply! So if I understand you correct if I buy the current one I can get the 2.10 for free when it's released?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:01 pm
Christov wrote:Thanx for the fast reply! So if I understand you correct if I buy the current one I can get the 2.10 for free when it's released?

Yes, it also says this on the product page ATM, anyone who buys the current version of the book is going to get the 2.10 update for free.