MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:31 pm
tsutek wrote:I advertised this bible abit over at the elektronauts boards, and someone commented that the PDF version does not contain index links to the relevant sections?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/mpc-live ... 32978/4401

They are there in the original Word document but they disappear after saving it as a PDF, seems to be a limitation of the Word-to-PDF conversion. I'll look into what can be done about adding these back in manually.
By Moho Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm
tsutek wrote:I advertised this bible abit over at the elektronauts boards, and someone commented that the PDF version does not contain index links to the relevant sections?

Oh no you mean you have to look at the section page number and type it in the page box, that's practically stone age :lol:

Maybe if the Akai manual writer had concentrated less on links and had actually picked up and used a X / Live there wouldn't be a need for the Bible, I'm kind of glad they didn't, the Bible reads like the old Ensoniq manuals which were written by muso's for muso's.

Great job Tutor :)
By PaddyWhack Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm
Moho wrote:

Oh no you mean you have to look at the section page number and type it in the page box, that's practically stone age :lol:

Maybe if the Akai manual writer had concentrated less on links and had actually picked up and used a X / Live there wouldn't be a need for the Bible, I'm kind of glad they didn't, the Bible reads like the old Ensoniq manuals which were written by muso's for muso's.

Great job Tutor :)

Just updated my Book of Excuses for failing to write that elusive hit song: namely all those lost 1-seconds I took to type in a page number! :oops:

Thank goodness for this book, or my Live might've been gathering dust.
By Automageddon Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 am
PaddyWhack wrote: Just updated my Book of Excuses for failing to write that elusive hit song: namely all those lost 1-seconds I took to type in a page number! :oops:

Thank goodness for this book, or my Live might've been gathering dust.

Actually that was me who made that comment on the Elektronauts page, also called it not a biggie as you can always use the search function and suggested the guy who asked to still buy it...

Sorry you have a list of excuses for not making music, I don't need such list, I make music.

But going back on topic, if I buy an digital guide in 2017, I expect it to be up to current standards and it feels stupid to tap/click expecting a result for nothing.

The guide itself is good, but as I use it to reference as I go, a proper index makes thing much quick.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm
Okay I've worked out how to get this added, I've had to open the Word doc in a different word processing application and reconvert it to PDF from there - the ToC index links remain clickable. The new app has caused some random formatting glitches so I'll need to fix those, but the index links will definitely be there in the next release.
By rookie Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm
I advertised this bible abit over at the elektronauts boards, and someone commented that the PDF version does not contain rookies name in the index links to the relevant sections?
By BostonGreen Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:34 pm
did i read somewhere that people that bought the 1.9 Touch Bible will get a discount on the new 2.0 version? Can't even see thats its been announced in the touch forum ...
By marctronixx Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 am
If you are referring to the MPC Touch Bible 1.9 (this is a different book to the MPC Live/X Bible), I will be releasing the 2.0 edition of this later this week and it will be offered to 'MPC Touch Bible 1.9' owners at a discounted price (pricing TBC) - all existing owners will get an email alert with an upgrade link.

BostonGreen wrote:did i read somewhere that people that bought the 1.9 Touch Bible will get a discount on the new 2.0 version? Can't even see thats its been announced in the touch forum ...
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:31 am
BostonGreen wrote:did i read somewhere that people that bought the 1.9 Touch Bible will get a discount on the new 2.0 version? Can't even see thats its been announced in the touch forum ...

Yes I sent an upgrade email direct to everyone actively subscribed to email alerts. Contact me directly if you need an upgrade link
By BostonGreen Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Yes I sent an upgrade email direct to everyone actively subscribed to email alerts. Contact me directly if you need an upgrade link

thanks, have sent a pm
By Moho Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 pm
Any chance on the next release of including a signal flow chart from pad to output ?