MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By marctronixx Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:44 pm
With how this model is updated, printing out a manual would be a waste. I DO miss the gold old days of thumbing through a manual, but these days wing not he go so much, it’s easier to be able to open up a pad viewer and keyword search what you're after. I will say I appreciate MPC tutors efforts in making this manual easier to read and understand.

My experience and as always, YMMV...
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:11 pm
marctronixx wrote:With how this model is updated, printing out a manual would be a waste. I DO miss the gold old days of thumbing through a manual, but these days wing not he go so much, it’s easier to be able to open up a pad viewer and keyword search what you're after. I will say I appreciate MPC tutors efforts in making this manual easier to read and understand.

My experience and as always, YMMV...
I finally picked this up during the last sale. It's as good as I expected.

As much as I love hard copies of books, I've not felt the need to print this out yet. Occasionally I'm reading straight through, but more than not searching for something specific where the e-version is more useful.

After the 2.6 update, I may print a copy to keep at the day job though. The last 3 updates make stand alone much more useful to me. Relying exclusively on the software & VIs until now, I have some studying to do.

Tutor, looking forward to the 2.6 update!
By Miami 22 Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:49 am
Hi, I do not speak English very well and I would like to know if it is planned to translate your book in French? Or can I be advised a software to translate it into PDF? Your book makes me very much want to progress on my MPC LIVE.
By Miami 22 Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hi, sorry I don't have any plans to translate into other languages, I just don't sell enough of these to cover the costs involved in translating and maintaining multiple foreign language editions.

The best translation site is probably deepl.com, otherwise Google Translate

Yes I understand, too bad.Thank you for all
By mpcchiq Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 pm
I wanted to post a review.

I started reading this on Christmas Eve and I just finished the book. (29th). So 5 full days of reading. I did nothing other than read this book.

I read the entire book from page 1 to page 1017. This was the first book I've read front to back in years. Also, it was the first time I've read something like this for music equipment/software from front to back. Usually i just try to do something, not know how to do it. And then google how to do it.

The book started off pretty fun, but towards the 700 page mark, i think i started to burn myself out but continued pushing through, until i finished the book.

It was super super useful to read. I now feel like i have a strong grasp of the MPC and how to use it. Although all the features are not completely ingrained in my head, i feel that i have a strong grasp of what features I've read about, and if I can't do it from memory, i know that i can go back in the book and read the steps again.

If you have the time to invest, i feel like you should probably read this book if you own one of these new MPCs. Otherwise you'll never know what features you have at your disposal.

Highly recommend but it's a serious time commitment. I think it's worth investing the time to read this book so you can fully use the MPC to it's capability.
By Crazy Bird Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi,
I'm learning how to use my new MPC Live II with this book and this is really usefull. Great job !
What I really appreciate is the step by step explainations with "exercices".

Now, the problem is I don't find the sample " Sampled Bass" mentionned in the section 008.
The folder 008, 009, 022 are actually empty. For your information, the program "Shadow kit V2" should be located also in the folder 008 (as mentioned in the same section) but is actually in the floder 007.

Where can I download those missing files ?

Thanx for your help
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Hi, those folders are definitely not empty, they are all full of the required files for those tutorials. Just re-download the zip file from your account. If you are finding folders are somehow empty on your disk this could indicate a corrupted disk, or an issue during zip extraction.
By Crazy Bird Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hi, those folders are definitely not empty, they are all full of the required files for those tutorials. Just re-download the zip file from your account. If you are finding folders are somehow empty on your disk this could indicate a corrupted disk, or an issue during zip extraction.

Thanx, I re-download the files and it's fine.