MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 am

Learn how to sample, sequence and produce your own beats and songs with Akai’s new standalone touchscreen MPCs; the MPC One, the MPC X and MPC Live!

The ‘MPC Bible’ is the complete guide to the new MPCs, packed with practical, 'hands-on' beat making projects that teach you everything from core beginner's concepts all the way up to advanced power-user techniques!

• Build your own multitrack sequences using classic MPC swing, note repeat and 16 levels
  • Learn how to layer drums and create your own unique sounds with the built in effects, filters and LFOs
  • Create melodic leads and rhythms from your own multisampled ‘keygroup’ instruments
  • Construct your own dynamic drum kits using round robins (‘cycle kits’)
  • Create unique beats with the MPC’s classic chopping functions
  • Build and mix down entire songs with vocals, scratching and effects automation
  • Utilise warping, sequenced chops and patched phrase loops
  • Make your own standalone MPC ‘synth’

Plus many, many more pro tips, tricks and shortcuts! The ‘MPC Bible’ is without doubt the most complete and essential resource for all MPC Live, MPC One and MPC X owners - available to download instantly after purchase!

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/
By Danoc Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 am
:worthy: thank you!

MPC-Tutor wrote:Image
Learn how to sample, sequence and produce your own beats and songs with Akai’s new standalone touchscreen MPCs; the MPC X and MPC Live!

The ‘MPC X and MPC Live Bible’ is the complete guide to the new MPCs, packed with practical, 'hands-on' beat making projects that teach you everything from core beginner's concepts all the way up to advanced power-user techniques!

• Build your own multitrack sequences using classic MPC swing, note repeat and 16 levels
  • Learn how to layer drums and create your own unique sounds with the built in effects, filters and LFOs
  • Create melodic leads and rhythms from your own multisampled ‘keygroup’ instruments
  • Construct your own dynamic drum kits using round robins (‘cycle kits’)
  • Create unique beats with the MPC’s classic chopping functions
  • Build and mix down entire songs with vocals, scratching and effects automation
  • Utilise warping, sequenced chops and patched phrase loops
  • Make your own standalone MPC ‘synth’

Plus many, many more pro tips, tricks and shortcuts! The ‘MPC X and MPC Live Bible’ is without doubt the most complete and essential resource for all MPC Live and MPC X owners - available to download instantly after purchase!

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ive-bible/

(MPC Touch Owners: The MPC Touch Bible '2.0' is coming next week!)
By marctronixx Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 pm
Could be this iPad Pro I am using, but the order is not completing through paypal. I submit the payment and the PayPal circle animation thingy happens but the site just stays at the paypal page. The summary on the paypal account does not show the transaction.

I'm not at home at the moment so ill try later when i get home, but ive not had an issue at least completing payment for other products on the mpc samples sites using this iPad and Chrome browser before however....
By Cockdiesel Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:26 pm
There's some stuff here that can help me like key groups and other features I never dug into that deep, but the basics of the mpc I understand. I will admit I fumbled for a bit with the new os/ ui but good now.

I am just starting to use the software to see what it's about. Took me a while just to figure out what's what like routing tracks while using as a vst, and even basic stuff like the transport. I could figure out how to turn my sequence off... lol

Do you think the touch tutorial would cover this stuff Or would the live be a different situation? Afaik, using the software, or controller mode is pretty much the same as a touch. I am sure some of this has been covered in the threads but I just started trying work with my standalone stuff on 2.0 this last weekend.
By Blue Monster 65 Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 pm
Danoc wrote:
Coz wrote:Cool. :nod: :smoker:

This'll take people way beyond the **** manual. :worthy:

I agree!

Seconded! As a first-time MPC user, I get around pretty good (well ... OK ... ) on my Live, but I'm looking forward to the tips 'n' tricks herein. So far it is well worth the price - nice work and thanks again, Tutor!
By Danoc Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:27 am
I rock both software and standalone and l am very happy. I love the midi handling. Plus l took advantage of the Air Instruments and effects.

Cockdiesel wrote:There's some stuff here that can help me like key groups and other features I never dug into that deep, but the basics of the mpc I understand. I will admit I fumbled for a bit with the new os/ ui but good now.

I am just starting to use the software to see what it's about. Took me a while just to figure out what's what like routing tracks while using as a vst, and even basic stuff like the transport. I could figure out how to turn my sequence off... lol

Do you think the touch tutorial would cover this stuff Or would the live be a different situation? Afaik, using the software, or controller mode is pretty much the same as a touch. I am sure some of this has been covered in the threads but I just started trying work with my standalone stuff on 2.0 this last weekend.