MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HOWSWAY Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:00 pm
PEACE! So I just got an MPC live and I have a turntable question. I have a Stanton T.92 USB turntable and I wanted to know if I can just plug the RCA jacks into my live to sample my records? Will it work?
By starmanwarz Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 pm
HOWSWAY wrote:PEACE! So I just got an MPC live and I have a turntable question. I have a Stanton T.92 USB turntable and I wanted to know if I can just plug the RCA jacks into my live to sample my records? Will it work?

Yeah it will work just fine, don't forget to change the switch in the back of you live to the phono position.
By Gill T. Azell Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:38 pm
Downloaded The Bible in anticipation of my Live finally arriving in Canada and as a first time MPC user I can see that this is going to get me where I need to go in no time!! A no brainer for all I'd say.
Much Obliged Good Sir! :worthy:
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 pm
Thanks Gill!

BTW everyone, there's a free update coming out tomorrow for the MPC X/Live and Touch 2.0 Bibles which includes EPUB & MOBI versions (optimised for ebook readers and smartphones), some bug fixes and an indexed/bookmarked 'table of contents'. I'll send out an email to all subscribers, plus will announce here when it's ready.
By Klass62 Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:04 pm
Beautiful :worthy:

MPC-Tutor wrote:Image
Learn how to sample, sequence and produce your own beats and songs with Akai’s new standalone touchscreen MPCs; the MPC X and MPC Live!

The ‘MPC X and MPC Live Bible’ is the complete guide to the new MPCs, packed with practical, 'hands-on' beat making projects that teach you everything from core beginner's concepts all the way up to advanced power-user techniques!

• Build your own multitrack sequences using classic MPC swing, note repeat and 16 levels
  • Learn how to layer drums and create your own unique sounds with the built in effects, filters and LFOs
  • Create melodic leads and rhythms from your own multisampled ‘keygroup’ instruments
  • Construct your own dynamic drum kits using round robins (‘cycle kits’)
  • Create unique beats with the MPC’s classic chopping functions
  • Build and mix down entire songs with vocals, scratching and effects automation
  • Utilise warping, sequenced chops and patched phrase loops
  • Make your own standalone MPC ‘synth’

Plus many, many more pro tips, tricks and shortcuts! The ‘MPC X and MPC Live Bible’ is without doubt the most complete and essential resource for all MPC Live and MPC X owners - available to download instantly after purchase!

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ive-bible/

(MPC Touch Owners: The MPC Touch Bible '2.0' is coming next week!)
By JeanLive Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes I'll be updating the book for 2.0.5, already working on it

Great stuff! I'm finding your book indispensable as a learning tool - even had it printed up in hardcopy (standalone!).

I have a suggestion... as someone who new to the MPC world is it possible that you could add a 'command index' (perhaps at the back of the book) so if I forget how to, say, 'purge' samples or 'add filter adsr' - I can quickly look up the page (or chapter) number.

Thanks in advance.