MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Elektrobolt Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:So I can confirm my Zoom L-12 also works. It has a class compliant switch on the back. I was able to route inputs 1 - 4 to MPC audio tracks 1 - 4 and record... Very cool. Only issue is the Live only sees 4 inputs and not all 8... Bummer. MPC also streams all audio to either of the L-12 USB returns another win.

Are those 1-4 inputs in addition to the built-in ones, or do the "replace" the built-in ones?
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 19, 2020 12:38 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Pretty sure 2.8 broke this

Yes it did or in their eyes fixed a bug. I would think they want to open the possibilities and not close them off. Now that would be a feature: "Connect any classic compliant USB audio interface and get up to 8 in and 8 outs
of audio."
By rvense Tue May 19, 2020 1:13 pm
I want to look at this when I get some time. 2.8 makes it possible to record/monitor multiple audio tracks. An audio input expansion would be amazing.
By rvense Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 pm
After a bit of poking, I think they're looking up the audio interface by name now. Crumbs.

I'm quite sure this was a bug in Akai's point of view. It seemed like they were just picking the first audio interface that was connected before.
By maara Wed May 20, 2020 6:43 am
Does any of you have steps for packing the OS image after I unpack it and make changes to the underlying OS image? I'd like to make a few config changes on the linux side but I don't want to reinvent the wheel....Thanks!