MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cmscss Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:40 am
Hi There,

Struggling a bit with Swing in MPC - is there a global/master setting that also affects note repeat and recorded notes as you play them?

Timing correct looks to be applied afterwards as a function - is that right?

I'm struggling to mimick some hi-hat/note repeat grooves I can do on the Tempest. And am unsure how to lay them back to MPC by playing them on the Tempest and having MPC record the midi if that makes sense.

Any pointers or help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben
By Danoc Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:02 am
Yes it can be done in real time and in standalone. I used it in the 2.0 SW it works flawlessly!

cmscss wrote:Hi There,

Struggling a bit with Swing in MPC - is there a global/master setting that also affects note repeat and recorded notes as you play them?

Timing correct looks to be applied afterwards as a function - is that right?

I'm struggling to mimick some hi-hat/note repeat grooves I can do on the Tempest. And am unsure how to lay them back to MPC by playing them on the Tempest and having MPC record the midi if that makes sense.

Any pointers or help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben
By Danoc Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:34 am
Yeah mang lm learning this bad boy. 70 % of the dtuff l won't even be using lol but its good to know.

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Ahh nice one Danoc!How i missed that qlink shortcut...
By Danoc Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:43 pm
If you want swing in stsndalone use the nudge feature. Put your note repeat at 1/64T so you have the higest resolution to move slightly across the grid at your desire.

Highlight the sounds one by one and move till you like it.
By Coz Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 pm
Nudging sounds around and realtime swing are completely different features. As nice as it is to nudge notes around in small increments, it's no replacement for experimenting with different swing, note and strength values on the fly.

I hope the forthcoming 'bumper' update includes it. :popcorn:
By Danoc Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:49 pm
Its better than nothing and you can experiment. I've done it.

Coz wrote:Nudging sounds around and realtime swing are completely different features. As nice as it is to nudge notes around in small increments, it's no replacement for experimenting with different swing, note and strength values on the fly.

I hope the forthcoming 'bumper' update includes it. :popcorn:
By Danoc Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:We need this in standalone asap..
Fanu wrote:Yup, does not work in standalone mode.

Oh yeah, I agree, that function is dope. soon as I finish my video that shows you don't need an interface to stay on grid, Ima do a boom bap track using the swing but in 2.0, its best to do it there anyway cause I can record and make the video with my video program. I am down loading the full version of Reason 9.5 that takes vsts now, :-D And I am going to get crazy with the Live and Reason connected!