MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeanLive Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am
In standalone, record an audio track of more than 128 bars. The full length shows in the audio edit mode but after saving the project and reloading only the first 128 bars of audio exist, i.e. the file is truncated when saving.
Anyone else seeing this?
By Danoc Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 am
JeanLive wrote:In standalone, record an audio track of more than 128 bars. The full length shows in the audio edit mode but after saving the project and reloading only the first 128 bars of audio exist, i.e. the file is truncated when saving.
Anyone else seeing this?

There are three truncate modes:
1. To sequence length
2. To sequence end
3. As played

Go to "menu" then "preferences" then tap on "sequencer" at thevery bottom of the page you will see "TRUNCATE DURATION" set to your desire out of the 3.
By JeanLive Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 pm
Appologies for my inexperience, new to the mpc world (but not new to everything else).
Thank you for your replies:-

>Quote 1
>if its 5 minutes then this is normal behavior
Yes, its truncated at 5 minutes (128bars @ 102BPM)

>Quote 2
>There are three truncate modes:
>1. To sequence length
>2. To sequence end
>3. As played
This was set to 1. (default) -- the actual sequence was set to 300 bars but the audio was 244 bars long, should it not have saved 244bars - just under 10minutes?
By marctronixx Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm
So yeah the 5 minute audio recording is normal. I asked this question back in may...

if you turn off the sequence loop, when you hit record, you should be able to record open-endedly.
meaning it will record for as long as you let it run.

as to the 5 minute limit, i've confirmed that this is true. it's a limit for any one take in audio recording can be up to five minutes. This will change once disk streaming is ready.

So if you turn off sequence loop, you can just record notes ( not talking about ANALOG AUDIO ) without issue.