MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Auditor Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Try the pencil icons at the end of the three rows in MAIN, these give you many options including program 'delete' and track 'clear' (this is 'delete' for a track)

Thank you! I've been working with mine all day, and at first blush I would say this thing is unintuitive AF. I remember older MPC's being easier to get a handle on, but it's probably that my brain's just less elastic :shock:
By wavejockey Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 pm
when in sample assign (browser) or program edit on a sample (name) field just type number 0+enter to clear the pad
you can also type a number to jump directly to a sample (if you know it's -approx- number)
By DeaDeus Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Try the pencil icons at the end of the three rows in MAIN, these give you many options including program 'delete' and track 'clear' (this is 'delete' for a track)

Clear Track has the sometimes unwanted effect (as designed) of loosing all settings. MPC-Tutor is right by calling it rather "delete" as "clear".
- Using the Edit Sequence function "Erase" will keep the general settings.

Here are the two lines in the manual:
- The Erase function erases all or part of a track in a specific sequence -> Edit Sequence
- The Clear function erases all events from the sequence (aka Track) and resets all of its settings. -> in Edit Sequence and in Edit Track
By DJSpaceP Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:19 pm
Moho wrote:Here's a big time saving trick,
When starting a session I go to the sampling page and turn on monitoring, now you don't have to mess about in the audio tracks page turning monitoring on or off and choosing which setting. :-D

This is incredibly helpful. I am currently going minimal, using a Live plus a single Novation Circuit for live shows, with the Circuit synced via MIDI. I wanted no external mixer to deal with, and a single stereo 1/4 pair as my output for ease of integration with any house sound system.

Your tip lets me do that, with the 1/4 inputs on the Live now being globally monitored via the main out no matter what part of the MPC Live project I'm currently interacting with.

I've already set things up so I can do long sets with just the Live alone, using large multi-song projects.

However, being able to mix in CIrcuit material in this more streamlined way is very helpful. With both devices MIDI synced, I can easily blend sound sources from both devices, or even do smooth crossfades between devices as if they are "decks". I don't mind controlling crossfades manually using both the dedicated master of the Circuit and the Live's Q-LINK program level control in the main view.

All of this coming out of the Live's main outs, no matter what I'm doing on either device (except Live project loads) is great.