MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 pm
Heavie wrote:New gear or old gear is not going to create music for you. Some of the best music was created on less featured gear. I seen guys making beats on a five gallon bucket. So it's not the problem with the gear. It's a problem with you.

This is true.
But doesn't mean today's devices shouldn't use today's technology or that today's users shouldn't have today's needs, accordingly.

I mean, you could be using a Nokia phone from 2000 – because it totally worked for people back then and many of them still do – to keep in touch with people, but chances are you prefer a modern one because it makes many things smoother and easier.
And if your favorite phone company put out a new model of your current phone and you bought it and realized, sh*t, I actually have to connect it to computer now to do some stuff that could be considered basic actions (edit your list of addresses, for example) and which you probably should be able to do on the phone alone, you'd probably make a point about it.

And then someone could say to you, these new phones ain't gonna do it for you.
By Mikepepp2004 Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:02 am
I sent my live back also although I have the 1000 and 500. Just wanted to test it out , it's alright I already have a gang of gear to do the same as the live, as your first machine it's dope. But Korg gadget which is a beast of a iPad app when used as a sound module to any hardware sampling sequencer and reaper and I'm good . The mpc is a beast though I would still recommend. Or maybe I should have got the. X :lol: :lol: .
By Lacertus108 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:57 am
Fanu wrote:
Heavie wrote:New gear or old gear is not going to create music for you. Some of the best music was created on less featured gear. I seen guys making beats on a five gallon bucket. So it's not the problem with the gear. It's a problem with you.

This is true.
But doesn't mean today's devices shouldn't use today's technology or that today's users shouldn't have today's needs, accordingly.

I mean, you could be using a Nokia phone from 2000 – because it totally worked for people back then and many of them still do – to keep in touch with people, but chances are you prefer a modern one because it makes many things smoother and easier.
And if your favorite phone company put out a new model of your current phone and you bought it and realized, sh*t, I actually have to connect it to computer now to do some stuff that could be considered basic actions (edit your list of addresses, for example) and which you probably should be able to do on the phone alone, you'd probably make a point about it.

And then someone could say to you, these new phones ain't gonna do it for you.

Your comparison makes sense, except what if your new phone can't send text messages/SMS on your new phone anymore, and your friends still don't have WhatsApp? (i.e. old synths talk sysex, and MPCL can't talk it properly apparently). Or what if your new phone doesn't save your changes to the contacts list although the button is there?
By Fanu Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:12 am
Lacertus108 wrote:
Your comparison makes sense, except what if your new phone can't send text messages/SMS on your new phone anymore, and your friends still don't have WhatsApp? (i.e. old synths talk sysex, and MPCL can't talk it properly apparently). Or what if your new phone doesn't save your changes to the contacts list although the button is there?

By Ill-Green Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:22 am
Just saw his MPC Live for sale at the Market forums. He selling it for £900, pretty cheap for just out the box for a week.
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:02 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Just saw his MPC Live for sale at the Market forums. He selling it for £900, pretty cheap for just out the box for a week.

Nah, still too expensive for this pile of junk!