MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 am
Going to use the X mostly in control mode.. since i want to use my vsts,reason 9.5 and cubase.. do i really need a harddrive since i believe i can load my sounds from my pc?
By Danoc Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am
Congrats! Make sure when you register your X at Akai , in your account ypu down load all the Air instruments and effects. It will add a plethora of sounds giving you a wonderful arsenal.

I have R9.5 also l freakin love that DAW!
You can bring in 9.5 in the Xs 2.0 SW 9.5.

Don't forget to show us pics of your X!

Certified Beatz wrote:Going to use the X mostly in control mode.. since i want to use my vsts,reason 9.5 and cubase.. do i really need a harddrive since i believe i can load my sounds from my pc?
By BBB Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 am
kaydigi wrote:They should release a stripped down x as a controller. Touch Plus or Touch X...,.

Then they first have to fix the software I guess :lol:
By Danoc Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:13 pm
Im waiting for CB say he hot his x.
By Certified Beatz Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:44 pm
Yes recieved the X onlt opened the top of the box.. had to order longer usb and stereo cables unit going to be on the other side of audio interface.. i will snap a picture tonight kinda suprise i got it so soon was not expecting it... got to change my work schedule now...
By Danoc Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Yes recieved the X onlt opened the top of the box.. had to order longer usb and stereo cables unit going to be on the other side of audio interface.. i will snap a picture tonight kinda suprise i got it so soon was not expecting it... got to change my work schedule now...

AAAAAAAAAAH HELL YEAH !!!! CONGRATS!!!! That's dope! :smoker:
By marctronixx Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 am
Certified Beatz wrote:had to order longer usb and stereo cables unit going to be on the other side of audio interface..
:WTF:

BRO, the first thing you gotta do is get the cable management figured out DAY ONE! i hate burning myself realizing i need to get a cable or something based on logistics in my kitchen and having to wait to use my utensils.. :smoker:
By Certified Beatz Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:02 am
funny shit I put it on quiklok stand ran my midi cable waiting for my usb and stereo cables to come in .. Installed software and license I have not even powered it on yet alway prep my setup before acting like its the first day of school with my new kicks.. Now why is this site so old I can add a image i dont want to upload to my server
By Danoc Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:09 am
Peace CB. I hope you installed the MPC X software and not just the 2.0 software or you will have problems connecting to your computer in control mode.

Also did you do the ilok registration? If not register your 2.0 software.

For putting pics on this site follow my instructions below:

Certified Beatz wrote:funny **** I put it on quiklok stand ran my midi cable waiting for my usb and stereo cables to come in .. Installed software and license I have not even powered it on yet alway prep my setup before acting like its the first day of school with my new kicks.. Now why is this site so old I can add a image i dont want to upload to my server
By marctronixx Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:13 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:funny shit I put it on quiklok stand ran my midi cable waiting for my usb and stereo cables to come in .. Installed software and license I have not even powered it on yet alway prep my setup before acting like its the first day of school with my new kicks..

Exactly my same method when i get new gear. Ive waited upwards of a week to turn on something. Gotta get it right out of the gate!