MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC O.G. Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:55 pm
Is 600 MB the actual limit OR is it 700 MB? If you dump the demos, does that free up sample time? Isn't 600 MB a little over an hour of STEREO sample time? Putting some change away for a Live. Need to know. Thanks for ANY help y'all can throw my way. :worthy:
By Lampdog Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:19 pm
Whuuut, haven't seen you in a while. *gives dap*
By MPC O.G. Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 pm
Lampdog wrote:Whuuut, haven't seen you in a while. *gives dap*

Had semi-retired, got rid of ALL my PRODUCTION GEAR. But I got a "hey bighead" text from Akai when I saw the X/Live. Either of these and my MBP and I'm good. Can do all the production on the MPC, then do the heavy lifting in ProTools or Logic. Best of both worlds.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 pm
I don't think either lives up to the mature level of functionality I want. That cost is high for something like that too.
By MPC O.G. Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 am
I'm STILL old school with it. A Live CAN be had for $950 if you work the situation right, and I'm used to doing pre-production on one machine, dumping to tape/ADAT (Ampex 456), THEN doing additional production and tweeks with outboard gear and the board, so I don't see a problem for me. It has the additional interfaces i would need built in so I wouldn't have to buy anything else. These youngin's want everything in one box, and that REALLY isn't a good look. IMO.
By Danoc Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 am
Peace MPC. Like the name :-)

Let me say this about what Akai told us because my answer would be APPROXIMATELY.

"16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
2GB of RAM".

The 2GB of Ram is not the whole Ram size being it hold the on board sound content. The way the language is written l thought we had the full 2GB RAM. l was told we dont only about 128GB Ram because of the content. Akai misleads a lot and you have to read between the lines.

Is 128gb enough sampling power? Hell yes. I had the 2000XL maxed out 32gb and l did damage so 128GB you can kill some ish!

You get approximately 3 minutes in stereo, 6 minutes in mono.

4×32=128GB

3 min × 4= 12 minutes. In stereo
6 min × 4= 24 minutes in mono.

So if you get rid of the content you will have a huge amount of sampling time no need to do the math here.

But as my memory tries to recall that person who told me could of said 128GB or 512gb left after the content. Hope its the 512gb.

MPC O.G. wrote:Is 600 MB the actual limit OR is it 700 MB? If you dump the demos, does that free up sample time? Isn't 600 MB a little over an hour of STEREO sample time? Putting some change away for a Live. Need to know. Thanks for ANY help y'all can throw my way. :worthy:
By MPC O.G. Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 am
Thanks Danoc, I knew that math. Had a OG 2000 and a 2000XL with 32 MB of sample time. NOBODY needs 80 minutes of sampling time. Just trying to get ALL the facts. I TRY to be careful with my change.
By Danoc Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 am
Yes sir no doubt

MPC O.G. wrote:Thanks Danoc, I knew that math. Had a OG 2000 and a 2000XL with 32 MB of sample time. NOBODY needs 80 minutes of sampling time. Just trying to get ALL the facts. I TRY to be careful with my change.