MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 pm
Greetings every one and MPC Tutor. I bought your two items a while back just putting it into the MPC software.
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: -----> Tutor!

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ep-bundle/

If you don't got this you need this in your life! You can play it on the pads or use your Midi keyboard to rock out. I will be using both, You get a bunch of Pianos with this but my favorite are the Concert Grand, compact Concert Grand, and Classical Piano. No noise whatsoever! Crisp and clean, and sampled very well. I remember when I did it for the 2000xl, it was tedius I did note by note it took me a whole day and part of the night. Here I didn't have to do anything but load it. Dam! This is bananas! You get both for $29 you can't beat that and I am loving the quality, and sonic clarity and power it has. I thought I was going to have to come back here and cuss Tutor out LOL lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I can't he did an excellent job. Thanks Tutor!

PSSsssss You know a video is coming with me playing these Pianos! :mrgreen:

By Danoc Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Glad you enjoyed the pack, more instruments coming soon :)

Yeah man its really dope. Well done.

And thank you for allowing an ignore function its so sweet. :nod:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 am
Danoc wrote:Yo Tutor in order to put the keys on the livr in standalone do l put the xpn file on the sd card and load it that way?

No they haven't added XPN support to the standalone. There's a few ways you can transfer it,

1) On your computer, open the XPN in your favourite 'zip' extractor (e.g. 7zip, betterzip etc) and drag all the files (XPM and WAV) to a folder on your computer and transfer this to your Live.

or

2) Go to the user expansion folder on your computer (on a Mac this is User/Library/Application Support>Akai > MPC> Expansions) and copt the .com.mpc-samples.concertgrand folder

or

3) In the computer MPC Software, load the programs into a blank project, save the project to your 'standalone' drive.

However I am in the process of adding a dedicated 'standalone' version for all my expansions (most already do have a separate 'standard browser' version), but the concert grand still needs fixing in this respect. I'm completely overhauling the instrument side of things on MPC-Samples.com, and will be launching a bigger selection of multis optimised for the X/Live
By Danoc Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 am
Thanks Tutor l will follow one of these instructions.

That's cool what you're about to do.

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:Yo Tutor in order to put the keys on the livr in standalone do l put the xpn file on the sd card and load it that way?

No they haven't added XPN support to the standalone. There's a few ways you can transfer it,

1) On your computer, open the XPN in your favourite 'zip' extractor (e.g. 7zip, betterzip etc) and drag all the files (XPM and WAV) to a folder on your computer and transfer this to your Live.

or

2) Go to the user expansion folder on your computer (on a Mac this is User/Library/Application Support>Akai > MPC> Expansions) and copt the .com.mpc-samples.concertgrand folder

or

3) In the computer MPC Software, load the programs into a blank project, save the project to your 'standalone' drive.

However I am in the process of adding a dedicated 'standalone' version for all my expansions (most already do have a separate 'standard browser' version), but the concert grand still needs fixing in this respect. I'm completely overhauling the instrument side of things on MPC-Samples.com, and will be launching a bigger selection of multis optimised for the X/Live