MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Destro One Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 am
I'm 99% one of these will be my next purchase, but which one I get will be at least in part determined by the quality, style and scope of the internal sounds, not counting drum kits.

Outside of the "10 GBs of sounds!" statements in all the marketing and videos, I've never seen more than a few videos that showcase a few stock drum sounds.

I'm not terribly interested in the AIR vst's as I have my own standbys in that department and will be adding a hardware synth or two, but what I get largely depends on whether I settle on the Live or X.

Are there rompler styled patches? or just factory loops? I have no interest at all in playing with pre-made, factory loops, but would like to know if the X or Touch has a decent rompler-style sound set on board. I'm not referring to the AIR vst's though, I mean an actual rompler style sound set. If so, what's the scope? is it extensive or is the factory library nothing but a bunch of loops?
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:31 am
There are a lot of key groups included in the factory content. Don't forget you can create your own and edit them how you see fit too.

They can be edited like any sample and remember that you can stack samples so in effect you can get like a 3 osc synth going by stacking the waveforms and editing each as see fit.

I have a synth buying problem, but making key groups and having a keyboard sampler has me nearly cured lol.

Its not analog I know or as Indepth as say a novation peak or davesmith poly, but you can get some great results.
By summer2k Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 am
I've got about 100+ GB of multi-sampled instruments prepped up and ready to load on the MPC X when I get it. The instruments lineup covers every category imaginable (drums, bass, brass, synths, keyboards, pads, orchestra, strings, etc). I converted the instruments from my AKAI sampling CDs library using Extreme Sample Converter and CDXtract. I've already ordered a 1 TB SSD which I plan to mount in the X to store my sampling library and songs.

I'm hoping I can fully produce my tracks in the box as much as possible using the MPC X then afterwards export the track stems to Studio One 3.5 or Reason 9.5 (not sure yet if I'll upgrade to 10) for final mixing and mastering using my 3rd party VST plugins. Heck, if MPC 2.0 software can handle the task, then I will mix and master there.