MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mts Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:56 am
Hello guys.
First of all its my first post here, so Welcome.
Second thing I'm very happy owner of MPC Live - brilliant machine.
But have to complain about phono input in Live, its really usseless, very noisy (of course grounded) vs my dedicated pre (onkyo p3060), what is a reason to implement something with bad design?

Is it normal, just poor design?
Second complain is shitty quality of headphone output, why not a 1/4 inch? It should be akai PROfessional???

I'm starting to test internal dac quality.
By marctronixx Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:06 pm
The phono stage is clean. So are the headphone outputs. I have both the X and live.

You have a faulty or used second hand piece of kit if you are experiencing any of those issues.

Or are you here to troll? Your post is nonsensical.
By Danoc Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:41 pm
The Phone, the mic nor the head phones are faulty, they are on point. It doesn't need to be 1/4, 1/8 works fine . It's not in the tip that matters its the actual wires that make the difference. Mines work beautifully. As a matter of face I have to turn it down it's so loud.

mts wrote:Hello guys.
But have to complain about phono input in Live, its really usseless, very noisy (of course grounded) vs my dedicated pre (onkyo p3060), what is a reason to implement something with bad design?

Second complain is **** quality of headphone output, why not a 1/4 inch? It should be akai PROfessional???

By mts Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:49 pm
To be honest with u. I'm deaf troll.
1/4 is a studio pro standard now i need to use reduction to be compatibile.
By mts Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:22 pm
marctronixx wrote:The phono stage is clean. So are the headphone outputs. I have both the X and live.

You have a faulty or used second hand piece of kit if you are experiencing any of those issues.

Or are you here to troll? Your post is nonsensical.

Hello again.
Guys lets talk ABOUT FACTS:
Here is silence sample from internal MPC live phono pre:
http://wyslijto.pl/plik/5uq0k85b4e
Here is same but from external pre:
http://wyslijto.pl/plik/nj61yfeibk

Both same level amp.

Trolles live forever
By Icepulse Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm
mts wrote:Hello guys.

Second complain is **** quality of headphone output, why not a 1/4 inch? It should be akai PROfessional???

You're not running w/ an outboard pre into the phono ins, with the "phono" switch enabled, are you??
By marctronixx Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm
If you have a well designed studio (like I do), then you should have provisions for "non standard" equipment.

Lots of boxes are being made by legit companies that use "non standard" outputs (bnotiques, etc) and you need to have proper cabling to connect to them.

As for the examples of the phono stage,

My point is the OPs post was waaay too dramatic and over the top. If the op has issues with their machine, thats not the norm and they should get it looked at/sent it to repair.

Op can also reach out to akai pro DIRECTLY (this is an enthusiasts site, not an official AKAI forum) and get better troubleshooting tips and if it's determined the machine is faulty, they can take the next steps.