MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By THE MK PRODUCT Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:25 am
I'm new to mpc I use to own a maschine but the mpc live standalone was very appealing on my maschine I would chop a sample into a 4 to 8 bar loop and switch to chop mode and it would automatically put the sample on 8 or 16 pads so I can begin experimenting with my sample can I do that on my live? All I see is manual mapping by hitting individual pads or setting markers by lazy chopping the live is one complicated machine has anybody mastered the thing yet and can help me out?
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 am
the "lazy chop" on the new mpcs is dumb easy... Go to the sample edit screen and tap the chop tab. Then tap a pad, the sample plays and all you gotta is tap when you want to make a slice. Thats it... once you've made all the slices convert to new program which automatically assigns them to the pads. There is also the option for the sample to be chopped either destructively or non destructively. Non destructive chopping allows you to go back into the sample editor and fine tune the zones for each chop... so you can do a quick and dirty chop up and get precise even after you've created the program. Another dope feature is being able to either have the slices locked to one another or not... if they are locked then adjusting the start of one adjusts the end of another and vice versa. Its very useful to have the both options.

It's the most effecient chopping machine I've ever used.
Last edited by JeriKo Jackson on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 am
Yes you can. Is it automatic? That l don't know.

One thing l am seeing is people using amother machine and jump to another and expect everything to be in another machine. Do your research first so you won't be disappointed.

Peace

THE MK PRODUCT wrote:I'm new to mpc I use to own a maschine but the mpc live standalone was very appealing on my maschine I would chop a sample into a 4 to 8 bar loop and switch to chop mode and it would automatically put the sample on 8 or 16 pads so I can begin experimenting with my sample can I do that on my live? All I see is manual mapping by hitting individual pads or setting markers by lazy chopping the live is one complicated machine has anybody mastered the thing yet and can help me out?
By Icepulse Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:51 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:the "lazy chop" on the new mpcs is dumb easy... once you've made all the slices convert to program to new program which automatically assigns them to the pads. There is also the option for the sample to be chopped either destructively or non destructively. Non destructive chopping allows you to go back into the sample editor and fine tune the zones for each chop... so you can do a quick and dirty lazy chop and get precise even after you've created the program. Another dope feature is being able to either have the the slices locked to one another or not... if they are locked then adjusting the start of one adjusts the end of another. Its very useful to have the both options.

No doubt. You can even tweak the start / end points of the slice DURING playback, to easily knock out pops and clicks, or tighten a longer sample so it cuts off @ the end of the sequence when you jump to another (eliminating bleed).
By THE MK PRODUCT Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 am
[/quote]
JeriKo Jackson wrote:the "lazy chop" on the new mpcs is dumb easy... Go to the sample edit screen and tap the chop tab. Then tap a pad, the sample plays and all you gotta is tap when you want to make a slice. Thats it... once you've made all the slices convert to new program which automatically assigns them to the pads. There is also the option for the sample to be chopped either destructively or non destructively. Non destructive chopping allows you to go back into the sample editor and fine tune the zones for each chop... so you can do a quick and dirty chop up and get precise even after you've created the program. Another dope feature is being able to either have the slices locked to one another or not... if they are locked then adjusting the start of one adjusts the end of another and vice versa. Its very useful to have the both options.

Thank you for the time you took to reply with such detail I will most definitely will be trying out what was mentioned in your reply :worthy:
By Siddy Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:30 pm
Hi,
Need help, I am using akai mini 2 and Mpc beats software, I am trying to chop a music file which I imported , followed exactly same steps in below YouTube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0eVZKPVzM
I click the chop tab , and hit the pad , the song plays but the pads are not chopping the song and timeline also doesn’t move. Where cAn I find some help?