MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ilja45 Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 pm
Hi,

Can i Control the MPC-Live with a "behringer fcb1010" Footpedal or another MIDI Footpedal on the marked?I m wondering because I read it is not possible but I dont understand it, because I thought this sends also just MidiNotes or? Like a MidiKeyboard.

In the Product Discription List I read:
2 USB-A 3.0 Ports for USB-Sticks or MIDI Controller

And when it doesnt work now, is there a chance that it will work soon?
Or knows somebody when this will be. Or is this never planned?
By handsonkeys Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 pm
I have also an Fcb1010 which I will get working on the MPC-Live. It should be worked because I have also an ART X15 Midi footcontroller which I have connected and he worked with some knobs ( without programming) . This means that the Live accept midi commands over his Midi Input. I just need to program the FCB1010 , but this is a work for later on. when I have worked it I will put the Midfile on this forum
By Ilja45 Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:11 pm
Thank you for your reply! Maybe I buy one soon and give it a try. But if you get more experience with your
Footcontrol it would be great if you can tell me how it works for you. Thanks!
By JGA Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm
Hi! Could you make it using your midi foot controller? Can the 1010 do the job? I was decided to get one MPC Live, but I need to control it with my foot, at least the start/stop and maybe activate/deactivate som pad. Thanks for your replies!
By JGA Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 am
handsonkeys wrote:I have also an Fcb1010 which I will get working on the MPC-Live. It should be worked because I have also an ART X15 Midi footcontroller which I have connected and he worked with some knobs ( without programming) . This means that the Live accept midi commands over his Midi Input. I just need to program the FCB1010 , but this is a work for later on. when I have worked it I will put the Midfile on this forum

Is finally the 1010 or another midi foot controller capable to do it? Did you have success? Thanks.
By eltho Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am
Anybody got these two to work together already? I'm thinking about buying a MPC Live but being able to control it by foot is a must-have feature for me...
Thanks for any info.
By DanielWiklander Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Could the looper on the MPC Live/X be activated by an FCB 1010 or similar foot controller? Does it listen for midi cc messages like "start", "stop" et c?

Seems kind of fundamental for a looper considering all the bassists and guitarists out there who'll need to use their feet.
By laylay Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:00 pm
Hi,
I am searching for this solution. I've bought a FCB1010 and a UnO2 chip so that can program it in detail, especially with SysEx. My goal is to can change sequences as well as to can start/stop the MPC, from the same bank of the FCB1010.
For changing sequences it is OK, I did program my FCB1010 with the UnO2 Control Center for sending ProgChange messages, and I switched the "Program Change" of the MPC (Preferences > midi/ sync > Midi Input > Program Change) on "Sequence".
But... for sending SysEx for start/stop I can't find how to do this. I've tried with the SySex codes found on this page viewtopic.php?f=48&t=186979&start=15 as well as on this page https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/m ... 545200.pdf
I've tried to put this messages as "Triggers" by the UnO2 Control Center, as it seems to be the best for such start/stop messages regarding the UnO2 User's manual. But It doesn't do anything to the MPC.
Has somebody any experience by programming the FCB1010 with UnO2?
Thanks!
By laylay Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:58 am
Ok, I did it! The only thing I forgot was to setup the MPC to receive MMC. Now I just try to set a TapTempo function on my FCB 1010.
By laylay Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:44 am
Hi,
Here the code I did on the FCB1010 - UnO2 to start/stop the MPC and change sequence. It is using the "DIrectBank" function of the UnO2 so that I can have more buttons for changing sequences.
I had to set in the MIDI preferences of the MPC "Receive MMC": ON and "Program Change": Sequence
Now I just would add a Tap Tempo control from the FCB1010 but I couldn't acheive it yet - need your advices.

Code from the UnO2 Control Center:

PRESETS =
{

ProgChange 0
ProgChange 1
ProgChange 2
ProgChange 3
ProgChange 4
ProgChange 5
ProgChange 6
ProgChange 7
ProgChange 8
ProgChange 9
ProgChange 10
ProgChange 11
ProgChange 12
ProgChange 13
ProgChange 14
ProgChange 15
ProgChange 16
ProgChange 17
ProgChange 18

}

EFFECTS =
{
Start/Stop
}

TRIGGERS =
{
Start
Stop
Record
Reset
}

NO_UPDOWN_SWITCHES
USE_DIRECT_BANK

BANKS =
{
Direct Bank : ProgChange 10 | ProgChange 11 | ProgChange 12 | ProgChange 13 | ProgChange 14 | ProgChange 15 | ProgChange 16 | ProgChange 17 | ProgChange 18 | Reset | Start/Stop
bank 2 : ProgChange 0 | ProgChange 1 | ProgChange 2 | ProgChange 3 | ProgChange 4 | ProgChange 5 | ProgChange 6 | ProgChange 7 | ProgChange 8 | ProgChange 9 | Start/Stop
bank 3 : | | | | | | | | | |
bank 4 : | | | | | | | | | |
bank 5 : | | | | | | | | | |
bank 6 : | | | | | | | | | |
bank 7 : | | | | | | | | | |
bank 8 : | | | | | | | | | |
}

EFFECT_ON Start/Stop = SendSysEx F0 7F 7F 06 03 F7
EFFECT_OFF Start/Stop = SendSysEx F0 7F 7F 06 01 F7

TRIGGER_CLICK Start = SendSysEx F0 7F 7F 06 03 F7

TRIGGER_CLICK Stop = SendSysEx F0 7F 7F 06 01 F7

TRIGGER_CLICK Reset = SendSysEx F0 7F 7F 06 44 06 01 00 00 00 00 F7

PRESET ProgChange 0 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 0
}

PRESET ProgChange 1 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 1
}

PRESET ProgChange 2 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 2
}

PRESET ProgChange 3 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 3
}

PRESET ProgChange 4 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 4
}

PRESET ProgChange 5 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 5
}

PRESET ProgChange 6 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 6
}

PRESET ProgChange 7 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 7
}

PRESET ProgChange 8 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 8
}

PRESET ProgChange 9 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 9
}

PRESET ProgChange 10 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 10
}

PRESET ProgChange 11 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 11
}

PRESET ProgChange 12 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 12
}

PRESET ProgChange 13 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 13
}

PRESET ProgChange 14 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 14
}

PRESET ProgChange 15 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 15
}

PRESET ProgChange 16 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 16
}

PRESET ProgChange 17 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 17
}

PRESET ProgChange 18 =
{
SendMidi $MidiChannel ProgChange 18
}
By Ollie Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm
Hi laylay. I’m interested in doing the same thing as you, just got a used fcb1010 and want to control the live 2 as a looper. It came with the uno4kemper chip on it. Can I work with this or the original chip somehow or do I need to get the uno2? Would love to know more on how you expanded on this setup and if you got everything you wanted working.
Thanks