MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By marctronixx Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:50 pm
I can’t agree with you sir/ma’am.

I have both the live and X (early first run equipment — live bought in may, X in July) and they are super responsive. I notice this when editing samples especially. The pads are there when i call for them.

I dont use the gear with a computer —only standalone.
Ive not used up more than 80% of ram, so if you have a lot of sampeles, transitions, cuts, edits, lots of EFX, tracks, sequences, etc.. this can potentially cause some degradation in performance, but this is speculation since i have not had a project on either machine to get past 75% of ram/system resources...
By Quickstrike2.0 Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm
when comparing to other hardware or even in controller mode the pad response time in standalone seems to lag milliseconds behind. when a lower buffer setting on pc it feels better but not like a real Mpc 4000/2500. i would think the standalone should be responding better. Or is it just me? mpcx :hmmm:
By Danoc Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:18 pm
Go into your settings and set it to 8 which is normal. That's what l have it to. Also setup your computer audio buffer up to your liking. Do that and you will be set trust me. Go over it until its right.

Peace

Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Is it just me or does the mpcx in standalone mode have latency when tapping a pad. Its a bit hard for me to bang out beats with the timing like this. I mean its ok just i notice the small tiny delay. hard to explain.
By Fanu Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 am
Can't say I've experienced/noticed any latency on Live standalone mode.
Also not even on controller mode – as long as you don't add plugins anywhere.
By Danoc Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 am
Yes set it to 8. That is normal

aortan wrote:What setting can you set to 8? :)
By Cockdiesel Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:06 pm
I busted out my 4000 to see the differences between it and the live the other day. First thing I checked were the pads, I never had an issue with the live but just in case. No difference I can tell, I’m no crazy finger drummer but nothing seemed out of place to me.

. Same with the transparent sound, I notice no difference transferring samples and also playback of the samples once the same sample is recorded into each. Now the interface, buttons, etc different story. I’m new to the newer os and software of the Mpcs but the core of the mpc workflow is there.

If it’s that bad of latency maybe you should contact support, there may be some other issue going on. Hopefully it would be an easy fix.
By Danoc Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm
Dammmmm and you got the 4000? Lmao what you going to pull out on us next the ARS10? lol Boy l tell ya you're a hardware head for realz lol much respect.

Im pretty sure the latecy is not the New MPC he has.

Cockdiesel wrote:I busted out my 4000 to see the differences between it and the live the other day. First thing I checked were the pads, I never had an issue with the live but just in case. No difference I can tell, I’m no crazy finger drummer but nothing seemed out of place to me.

. Same with the transparent sound, I notice no difference transferring samples and also playback of the samples once the same sample is recorded into each. Now the interface, buttons, etc different story. I’m new to the newer os and software of the Mpcs but the core of the mpc workflow is there.

If it’s that bad of latency maybe you should contact support, there may be some other issue going on. Hopefully it would be an easy fix.
By Danoc Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm
Let me ask you these questions so l can help you.

1. Did you set the pad sensitivity to 8- normal? Also the pad threshold to 8-normal? If not go and hit the "Menu" button.
Look to the very top of that screen and you will see a round circle like this ----> O and it looks like the sun, hit that, its your preferences. Go down to "Hardware " you will see pad threshold and pad sensitivity. Set both on 8-normal and you should be good to go. If you still hear latency try out the different levels of pad sensitivity to your liking. It goes all the way up to 16.

2. If you still hear latency l have to ask are you using sounds from the Vault? Drums especially will lag because they are not hitting on the first transient there is a gap between the first hit and transient. You have to go in and truncate that drum sample or any sound thst is like that.

Peace.

Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Is it just me or does the mpcx in standalone mode have latency when tapping a pad. Its a bit hard for me to bang out beats with the timing like this. I mean its ok just i notice the small tiny delay. hard to explain.
By Quickstrike2.0 Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:42 pm
Danoc wrote:Yes set it to 8. That is normal

aortan wrote:What setting can you set to 8? :)

Thats is for velocity aka pad sensitivity. as far as i know there is no buffer settings for latency on the standalone units Mpcx/live.
Cockdiesel wrote:I busted out my 4000 to see the differences between it and the live the other day. First thing I checked were the pads, I never had an issue with the live but just in case. No difference I can tell, I’m no crazy finger drummer but nothing seemed out of place to me.

well depends on how your playing the units. if your just banging on pads doing simple four on the floor beats you would not tell the difference. Also most folks use note repeat and dont do repeats free hand. which would cause people to not noticed this timing difference too.

Well let me clarify. It would NOT be noticeable to novice untrained ears. its more of a feel then anything. just milliseconds off. not to insult anyone but its about timing. The "feeling" Thats what the Mpc feel has always been about The magic "timing".lol well thats what i hear and though. Has to be off by a few milliseconds. Is there a way to test latency on the mpc live or mpcx?

hope i didn't rattle anybody cage too. :|
By Cockdiesel Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:55 pm
Dude I'm not just making 4 on the floor loops. I can assure you my unit feels as tight as my 4000. Perhaps your unit has an issue is what I'm saying. I've had the 4000 for almost a decade....