MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:18 pm
No you didn't rattle anyone. There is no buffer settings on the MPC Live or X. I gave what l could to help. He could be running into timing issues. He might want to see if the TC is on also.

If its not. that it has to be his timing or he needs to truncate his samples.

Quickstrike2.0 wrote:
. Same with the transparent sound, I notice no difference transferring samples and also playback of the samples once the same sample is recorded into each. Now the interface, buttons, etc different story. I’m new to the newer os and software of the Mpcs but the core of the mpc workflow is there.

If it’s that bad of latency maybe you should contact support, there may be some other issue going on. Hopefully it would be an easy fix.

well depends on how your playing the units. if your just banging on pads doing simple four on the floor beats you would not tell the difference. Also most folks use note repeat and dont do repeats free hand. which would cause people to not noticed this timing difference too.

Well let me clarify. It would NOT be noticeable to novice untrained ears. its more of a feel then anything. just milliseconds off. not to insult anyone but its about timing. The "feeling" Thats what the Mpc feel has always been about The magic "timing".lol well thats what i hear and though. Has to be off by a few milliseconds. Is there a way to test latency on the mpc live or mpcx?

hope i didn't rattle anybody cage too. :|[/quote]
By Quickstrike2.0 Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Dude I'm not just making 4 on the floor loops. I can assure you my unit feels as tight as my 4000. Perhaps your unit has an issue is what I'm saying. I've had the 4000 for almost a decade....

well im happy for you and your good shape units thanks for your input on the matter, however its not much help at the moment. would you happen to know how to measure the latency from the actual unit?
By QuickStrike Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:38 am
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:Dude I'm not just making 4 on the floor loops. I can assure you my unit feels as tight as my 4000. Perhaps your unit has an issue is what I'm saying. I've had the 4000 for almost a decade....

well im happy for you and your good shape units thanks for your input on the matter, however its not much help at the moment. would you happen to know how to measure the latency from the actual unit?

Hey guys any luck with the new latency measurements test. Quiet around here. :popcorn:
By Icepulse Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 am
Make sure the “Shift Timing” in the TC screen is set to zero, because it acts in real time. I was playing out some drums and I felt my pads were displaying some lag... I checked TC, and it turns out I had inadvertently changed the value on that setting.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 pm
With the updates some you have to shift timing to -1.

Edit: i don’t think it’s shift timing that needs to be set to -1, but something else particular to the samples. I remember reading about it on gs when this topic was brought up. Hope that helps.
By saltmcgault Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:15 pm
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Is it just me or does the mpcx in standalone mode have latency when tapping a pad. Its a bit hard for me to bang out beats with the timing like this. I mean its ok just i notice the small tiny delay. hard to explain.

Ive tried making beats with using midi with the 2500 linked up to ableton, I cant do it for that simple fact that Im off timing enough as it is let alone trying to compensate for all that.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:10 pm
I’m pretty sure what quick was referring to was a sample start or attack issue. There was an issue with the start of the sample like the smallest amount almost unnoticeable. It had something to do with legacy comparability.

It was addressed on gs, and AKAI added into one of the first updates. However some samples may be affected with this issue still. They made it so you could go negative with the start time. I’d have to look it up but I believe on the user interface was sample offset or something similar. If you look I think the only 2 options it offers are 0 or -1
By QuickStrike Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I’m pretty sure what quick was referring to was a sample start or attack issue. There was an issue with the start of the sample like the smallest amount almost unnoticeable. It had something to do with legacy comparability.

It was addressed on gs, and AKAI added into one of the first updates. However some samples may be affected with this issue still. They made it so you could go negative with the start time. I’d have to look it up but I believe on the user interface was sample offset or something similar. If you look I think the only 2 options it offers are 0 or -1

Okay I'm going to try to find those settings. If not I'm just going to call akai. I'm glad it wasn't just me trippin about latency :smoker:
By Caustic Yoda Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:49 pm
I have the live and 2500, im a percussionist or urgh "finger drummer", latency on them is both pretty unnocticable, are you running heaps of fx or maxxing out your ram, might make it a bit laggy but best pads and drumming surface so far on the live
By QuickStrike Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 am
Caustic Yoda wrote:I have the live and 2500, im a percussionist or urgh "finger drummer", latency on them is both pretty unnocticable, are you running heaps of fx or maxxing out your ram, might make it a bit laggy but best pads and drumming surface so far on the live

Unfortunately I don't have a MPC live to test. I have a mpcx
By Caustic Yoda Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 am
I cant imagine the live and x being too much different in performance, they pretty much same thing in a different shaped box
By Danoc Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 am
Check your pad sensitivity and put it on "8". And check your samples to see if they are truncated on the one.

In standalone and controller mode l am having no latecny problems at all.

QuickStrike wrote:
Okay I'm going to try to find those settings. If not I'm just going to call akai. I'm glad it wasn't just me trippin about latency :smoker:
By Danoc Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 pm
Triplet roll wouldn't cause latency, they themselves would be on time when done. I do it all the time.

He needs to adjust the pad sensitivity to 8 and fix his samples.