MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Loosecaboose Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 pm
Ok MPC LIve just arrived. Charging battery and was just checking the Q-Link knobs and I noticed if I push on them ever so slightly there is an electronic crackling sound. The MPC is off but plugged into power.
Can anyone confirm if they are getting this? :Sigh:
By Loosecaboose Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 am
kaydigi wrote:Never had that issue, unplugged it from AC power, turn it on and test it out. Sounds like you have a bad one though.

:( damn..
so if you have no sound in a quiet room and you put a little pressure on the qlinks, they make no sound?
By smellypants Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:37 am
Yup mine does that, I wouldn't have noticed if you had not said anything.

It definitely doesn't seem electric, its the material of the knobs I reckons.

I would be surprised if there were Lives that didn't do this.

Your being overly precious me thinks :wink:
By Loosecaboose Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:55 am
smellypants wrote:Yup mine does that, I wouldn't have noticed if you had not said anything.

It definitely doesn't seem electric, its the material of the knobs I reckons.

I would be surprised if there were Lives that didn't do this.

Your being overly precious me thinks :wink:

I always am, got burned badly by Vestax years ago. Cost me $1000 because i didn't pick up an issue when I bought the gear. Now I go over new gear with a fine tooth comb :lol:

Anyways looks like thats the least of my problems, just turned it on and it constantly hangs while playing the demo tracks, I tried using the XY pad and it just locked and froze :Sigh: