MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cloud777 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:59 pm
I just wanted to let you know not every class compliant(plug and play) midi keyboard controllers works with the mpc x/live if your using a usb connection to connect to the back of the mpc x/live, make sure you try it out before or stick with the akai controllers and i think m audio and Alesis. If they dont work the only way i got it to work was by taking the usb cable out and connecting it back again.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 pm
I've been using an Arturia Minilab Mk 2, works perfectly in standalone. I can leave it plugged in to the USB port and it's auto detected upon each boot up, no need to re-plug it. It's a cracking little controller if you need something small and portable. Keys are really good considering they are 'mini' keys. I can fit the MPC Live, minilab 2 and a macbook pro in a 'UDG Ultimate ProducerBag Small'.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am
Yes, I wouldn't ever assume that Akai or other inMusic brand would ensure that their entire product lines were all compatible with each other. Wait until it's specifically confirmed by end-users. This topic would be a good place to start listing compatible controllers, including whether they automatically reconnect after being left plugged in after a reboot.
By cloud777 Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, I wouldn't ever assume that Akai or other inMusic brand would ensure that their entire product lines were all compatible with each other. Wait until it's specifically confirmed by end-users. This topic would be a good place to start listing compatible controllers, including whether they automatically reconnect after being left plugged in after a reboot.

I confirm m audio oxygen mk4 is working fine however Novation impulse and lauchkey not working.
Novation SL mk2 works tho
By 3AD Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 pm
cloud777 wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Novation SL mk2 works tho

When you say the Novation SL MK2 (MKii) series "works", can you elaborate? Is it working via USB connection (Novation claims that those controllers are not class-compliant, yet I see people using them as such). I don't know much about those controllers, but thinking of getting one -- do the other functions work (assuming they do if they just send standard MIDI CC etc) or are they only the fancy controls you get when using via Novation's Automap software? (i.e., through a DAW)

Thanks in advance.

Scott