MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Awanjohn Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 pm
robirch wrote:I’m using a Korg Kross 2. Works great. Just have to use MIDI filter to stop it sending program changes all over the place.

I am having a similar problem. I have a cork M3 and I have the MPCx. Along with a MacBook Pro and reasons. But I can use the micro USB midi plugs but I cannot hear any sound but can see all of the midi information even when I record it do you think you can assist me in what my expectation is that I will be able to use the piano sounds of my cork M3 record it alongside the drumbeat into my MPCx

Should I get the standard midi cables? I was wondering if the USB midi cable was part of my problem.
By Danoc Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:16 pm
Has anyone gotten this midi keyboard? It has blue tooth and I would like it to work with the MPC Live. It's nice and small, 25 keys is perfect to put in my bag with the LIve. Full length keys and they seem flexible. I would love to get this. Is there bad latency with this also.

By CharlesRandolph Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 pm
Danoc wrote:Has anyone gotten this midi keyboard? It has blue tooth and I would like it to work with the MPC Live. It's nice and small, 25 keys is perfect to put in my bag with the LIve. Full length keys and they seem flexible. I would love to get this. Is there bad latency with this also.

I've tested the Akai LPK 25 which you can get for $52.00 on amazon non wireless and the wireless version is 74.

By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 pm
I have the LPK25 Wireless, which works pretty well. No noticeable latency on it. Its small enough to fit in the same rucksack as my live...@ Danoc: I did look into the Xkey Air, but it was too pricey for my needs. 58 quid will do me nicely, thank you!!
By Danoc Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 pm
Ive tested that the keys are corny. Cant do

CharlesRandolph wrote:

1e3c2cee90259c12021d38ebd8ad6f0f.r79.cf2.rackcdn.com/Product_Images/lpk25_web_large.jpg_25d4c413d4620b4de3ff06830dd74516.jpg?1529076938992[/img]
By Danoc Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 pm
Not for me l want it l will pay for it.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:I have the LPK25 Wireless, which works pretty well. No noticeable latency on it. Its small enough to fit in the same rucksack as my live...@ Danoc: I did look into the Xkey Air, but it was too pricey for my needs. 58 quid will do me nicely, thank you!!
By Danoc Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:19 am
:WTF: is that ? lol Charles you're going to make me kill you lol
If l get it l will let you know. So far good reviews. Just gotta see how it works withe live. Hell l would of gotten it today. :nod:

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Here you go! You can roll it up and put in the your pocket. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By Coz Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 am
I’m seriously looking at the Roli Seaboard Block. I don’t know if Akai have any plans to support MPE in the future? It wouldn’t deter me from buying either way.

By Danoc Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 am
It does some cool tricks but they are expensive. Not for me ld rather the XKey

Coz wrote:I’m seriously looking at the Roli Seaboard Block. I don’t know if Akai have any plans to support MPE in the future? It wouldn’t deter me from buying either way.

By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:28 am
Coz wrote:I’m seriously looking at the Roli Seaboard Block. I don’t know if Akai have any plans to support MPE in the future? It wouldn’t deter me from buying either way.

I'm looking into the LinnStrument 128 by Roger Linn. While I like the Bluetooth, I still prefer Midi Cables.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Danoc wrote:Not for me l want it l will pay for it.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:I have the LPK25 Wireless, which works pretty well. No noticeable latency on it. Its small enough to fit in the same rucksack as my live...@ Danoc: I did look into the Xkey Air, but it was too pricey for my needs. 58 quid will do me nicely, thank you!!

Yeah, I don't do a lot of keys on the go.
Also, I'm quite clumsy, so having a keyboard that is a bit chunky works for me!!
I generally do keys at home on the Q49, & then do my beats at work.
If I'm totally honest, I'm not that keen on the form factor, reminds me too much of the mac keyboard....It would have to be pretty amazing for me to pull the trigger given the above....just not my cuppa tea... plus, I think If i bought yet another keyboard, the wife would probs divorce me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Lmao lol :lol:
I like that lil keyboard l could travel with that.

MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:
Yeah, I don't do a lot of keys on the go.
Also, I'm quite clumsy, so having a keyboard that is a bit chunky works for me!!
I generally do keys at home on the Q49, & then do my beats at work.
If I'm totally honest, I'm not that keen on the form factor, reminds me too much of the mac keyboard....It would have to be pretty amazing for me to pull the trigger given the above....just not my cuppa tea... plus, I think If i bought yet another keyboard, the wife would probs divorce me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:12 pm
:shock: :WTF: l just purchased the CME XKEY for ...... Wait for it....

$99 bucks FREE SHIPPING! Brand new! I didn't spend $199.

Then 10 minutes later seen it for $89 :Sigh:
I jumped out the window and got it. I can't wait to get it.
There are two types.

1. CME XKEY AIR $199 which is USB Midi and Bluetooth.
2. CME XKEY $99 USB Midi <---- l got that one.
Here's what it is

The CME Xkey is the answer to mobile music creation.

It is unique in today’s market

Xkey - your first choice of musical keyboard

In the tablet PC era, will you still prefer a desktop computer? In the mobile music era, will you still need a traditional MIDI keyboard? In the portable musical instrument era, will you compromise with poor performance features?

Xkey is currently the world's only truly portable music companion that belongs to you. While at home in the studio or living room, it doesn’t force you to play in one spot. Nor should the slim appearance fool you - professional performance is not compromised. You can see its elegance, touch its refinement and play with delicacy. It can hide in your backpack and is with you to communicate your musical inspiration.

When you think of music, Xkey is there for you .

It is an elegant work of art. It’s also a fine instrument that follows you wherever you go. The black and white keys are supported by a cool silver color aluminum panel arching down at the front and a holder hidden at the rear bottom. These silky smooth keys intertwine with the aluminum grille. It presents the appearance of keys floating evenly at the edge of a waterfall .

Ultra Slim

The body of the Xkey is housed in a piece of molded aluminum. The thickness is merely 3.6mm. Weighing around 600g, the Xkey is even lighter than the iPad. With a slim and light form factor, the Xkey can be stored in a standard size backpack. Xkey not only inherits the essence of the piano keyboard, it also goes beyond the limits of traditional music keyboard design to meld ruggedness and lightweight mobile features perfectly together .

Professional Standard Keys

The key layout of Xkey follows exactly the traditional piano octave range in accordance with a keyboard player's finger memories and playing habits. An aluminum grille is used to clearly separate each key in order to ensure that the player can locate key positions while playing blind. The structure of each individual key is designed in such a way that the entire key moves down evenly when it is pressed at any point. Such design gives a unified sense of touch to the player.

Ultra Sensitivity

Under each key and button, there is a customized pressure sensor connected to an intelligent circuit board with high processing power. The board processes performance data with very low power consumption. Such data include 128 level full velocity intensity and corresponding polyphonic after-touch control, up to 16,000 step pitch-bend control, and realtime response speed manipulation.