MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By organic Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 am
You have to create the 1 semitone sequence, generate a bounce, chop it, build the 1 semi keygroup program entirely from scratch using the chops, save the program, then delete the chops from the folder.[/quote]

Thank you.

Now for the 4 layers template....
I guess you get a 1,2,3 and 4 after the v for each layer.

But I’m with buzz on this. how do you reset? There’s nothing to purge nor do I save, but there’s always extra numbers added to the bounced file.

Buzz, you can copy the bounced file and give it the right name before you chop, and delete the one with extra numbers, in sample edit, process.

Thx again
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:04 am
Buzzard wrote:So I'm doing something wrong...?

I guess so, I've just checked through the tutorial and repeated it several times following the 10 step instructions exactly and it's working perfectly each time.

You have to reset the project (step 10). Just re-load the 'Standalone Plugins.xpj' and this avoids the bounce file having the (1) after it - if you are getting the (1) you are either not resetting or you are using the wrong bounce option. You also have to use the 'Bounce to Sample' option from MAIN (or from the Inspector in the software). For this workflow where there is only one track it should work equally well as a seqeunce bounce or a track bounce, I've tested both. Don't use the 'Export Audio' (drag and drop) icon as this doesn't get reset without rebooting the entire app.

I'm sorry that I can't see what you are doing wrong, all I know is that if I follow the steps exactly as listed, it works perfectly for me each time, and I'm not getting flooded with people complaining about it so I assume it is working for everyone else.
By Bezo Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
bredal187 wrote:Could this be done but with multi-velocity instruments?

Yes, I include a 4 velocity template in the MPC Bible, it records 4 velocities per note and uses a 5 semitone 4v template.
What I was hoping to see.

I was eye-ing the Touch bible wondering if I could get some use out of it. Touch display died. Warranty + cash and I'll have a Live in my hands in a few hours. Now I'm eye-ing the Live bible wondering how much value it will provide.

I'm an odd MPC user, leaning on VSTs much more than samples. With no plugin support in stand alone mode, and local program changes not quite compatible with my old multi-samples, making some to sketch with is likely on the horizon. My sampling needs are light but I'm sure there's additional value there for me.

-----------

Any chance you have a work around for local program changes? I have a bunch of old multi-samples; not a lot of velocity layers but good articulations (each articulations in a separate keygroup). Problem is it appears the only way to use the articulations is to have each keygroup on a separate track. I'm looking for something as close to keyswitching as possible.

In researching, the only way to do this is with an external program change. Internal changes only work at the beginning of a sequence. Any suggestions?
By eltho Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 am
great idea! Will definitely get to that soon. Only got started in MPC-land with my Live and Bible. Good and clear explaining: way better than their own manual... Having all my (software) sounds in my computer and not knowing how to easily integrate them in my new DAW-less challenge is getting two steps closer now.

Anybody else think it's a good idea to exchange any instruments / soundbanks we make? Or does anybody know of a place/site where this already happens? I don't think this is illegal? It's not as if we are sharing a licensed program we bought with all the functionalities that came with it?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:14 am
It can be illegal to distribute your programs if they are generated from an instrument that doesn't allow you to re-distribute its sounds. The obvious example would be most sample based instruments (e.g. Kontakt instruments, romplers), as ultimately you are just re-sampling their samples which is almost always against the license. The quick answer is, check the license.
By NearTao Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:56 pm
eltho wrote:ok, sounds fair...

Here is an example notice, explaining how you are authorized to use the Roland SR-JV80-18 expansion board. A lot of hardware and software is similar. IANAL, and would suggest finding one if you need help figuring out what you are and are not allowed to re-distribute or re-sale yourself.