MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By John Vandenberghe Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Hey
Is there a way to move tracks around so that example all my drum tracks are the first 3 tracks of all my sequences?
I think it used to be a thing in jjosxl.
If not how does song to sequence treat tracks being different things when converting?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm
No, we've been asking for drag and re-arrange tracks for a while now. The workaround is to use track copy - i.e. copy track 2 to an unused track, then copy say, track 6 to track 2, then clear track 6. PITA.

I believe SONG > SEQ just uses the first seqeunce as the track template. Not sure actually, never tried it, but assume if track 1 seq 1 is a DRUM track, it will force all track 1 in the converted seq to be DRUM and pad events, even if some are plugin or midi tracks.
By John Vandenberghe Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No, we've been asking for drag and re-arrange tracks for a while now. The workaround is to use track copy - i.e. copy track 2 to an unused track, then copy say, track 6 to track 2, then clear track 6. PITA.

I believe SONG > SEQ just uses the first seqeunce as the track template. Not sure actually, never tried it, but assume if track 1 seq 1 is a DRUM track, it will force all track 1 in the converted seq to be DRUM and pad events, even if some are plugin or midi tracks.

Ok, wow that’s annoying!
Thanks.
By Drongomala Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:51 am
So I'm wondering all these years later is this possible? I can't seem to find out how to order my tracks (e.g. all bass together) within in a sequence.
By NearTao Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 am
For each sequence in your song, each track needs to have the same program...

ie

seq 1 -> track 1 -> bass
seq 2 -> track 1 -> bass
seq 3 -> track 1 -> bass

seq 1 -> track 2 -> drums
seq 2 -> track 2 -> drums
seq 3 -> track 2 -> drums

etc...
By MPC-Tutor Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 am
Drongomala wrote:So I'm wondering all these years later is this possible? I can't seem to find out how to order my tracks (e.g. all bass together) within in a sequence.

No, nothing changed. Another example of where the touchscreen is under utilized, a simple hold down and drag in the track mixer would suffice
By Dwaalzin Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 pm
To bad. I want to arrange my liveset in a different way. Can it be done in the software? Moving tracks around?
By gumbo23 Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:42 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No, we've been asking for drag and re-arrange tracks for a while now. The workaround is to use track copy - i.e. copy track 2 to an unused track, then copy say, track 6 to track 2, then clear track 6. PITA.

Came here hoping to find that they had implemented this exact thing. Is there any effective way to get Akai to pay attention to user suggestions?
By SuperKonquer Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:24 pm
While its not as easy as it should be, its still easy. If you want to copy track 6 to track 2.

Copy track2 to unused tracked far down the list, copy track 6 to 2. Copy the previous track 2 to wherever.
Its a pita only in the sense that you have to keep track of where you moved things but it takes like 5 seconds to do. Copy track happens in millisecs so its only limited by how fast your fingers move.