MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Andrej Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:54 am
I have a strange problem. I'm just a beginner, but have lots of experience in Cubase and Logic.

I made few tracks and record some sounds in MPC Live, then i wanted to listen to only one track, clicked on solo and then, everything got crazy. I cannot unmute tracks, and when i do it, MPC starts to mute it and solo it by itself. It's very strange. It plays half of the track, then mute it, then plays the other half of another track......strange.....I found some articles about this problem, but didn't solve it.

Anyone ?

Thanks
By pspsounds Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am
I’ve been having similar problems too. Seems to be random when it happens. If it happens again try saving the project and then reopen. Not the ultimate fix but can keep you working on the project until an update is made. Is this happening in the software or standalone? I mainly work in standalone and that’s where it happens for me.
By Andrej Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 am
I was connected with my comp, so i'm not sure. Problem is that i saved the project after it happened, reload it, but the problem was still there. Have no choice then to do it again from the start. It seems that soloing the track makes a problem. I hope AKAI knows that this is BIG problem and will resolve it asap.
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 am
I believe you've got some automation going on. Check to see if your sequence or tracks are set to read, write or dissabled.
Perhaps when you where using solo and mute things where set to write.
By Andrej Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:43 pm
I found this reply on some other forum.....it works

"I couldn't find the erase function at first, it's under sequence hit the pencil hit erase select automation do it.

So
1. Select track you're working with
2. Go to the screen that lists Sequence - Track - Program
3. Select the pencil in the sequence section - erase - automation - do it."
By Danoc Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm
Yeah gotta be careful when operating these new machines
Andrej wrote:I have a strange problem. I'm just a beginner, but have lots of experience in Cubase and Logic.

I made few tracks and record some sounds in MPC Live, then i wanted to listen to only one track, clicked on solo and then, everything got crazy. I cannot unmute tracks, and when i do it, MPC starts to mute it and solo it by itself. It's very strange. It plays half of the track, then mute it, then plays the other half of another track......strange.....I found some articles about this problem, but didn't solve it.

Anyone ?

Thanks
By Andympcboy Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm
I’ve had my Mpc a few days mine is doing this in standalone mode I’ve got a video of it doing it . Can this be fixed or should I return the Mpc x for another one .
By SakisX Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 am
No one knows here. But there is a chance if you post the video on support and attach the glitching project ;)
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:18 pm
NearTao wrote:erase -> automation

I'm running 2.6 in standalone. This has worked 1 time for me after multiple attempts. The problem would still pop up on different projects. Try re-installing the version you are running. If the problem still occurs which it did for me. Go to prefences and turn record track mute/solo to "off". I haven't had and issue with it since. If you are trying to implement the track mute solo function into your project. The best way to do this is create separate sequences you wished to use the track mute/solo feature in and delete the events you wished muted in grid edit. That's what I've been doing. I know... it sucks.
By dabj24 Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:55 pm
On the mpc live, hit the erase button. Go to automation and delete all. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me
By Selahl Tapes Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:48 am
This is down to user error, I have not experience this problem but only when write automation is activated. You are recording pad mutes and solos by the sounds of it. I’m on a MPC one v2.9.1 running smooooooothly
By playinmyblues Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:49 pm
Selahl Tapes wrote:This is down to user error, I have not experience this problem but only when write automation is activated. You are recording pad mutes and solos by the sounds of it. I’m on a MPC one v2.9.1 running smooooooothly

This is what I was doing wrong - ending up recording automation while trying to listen to only one track. Overdub must have been on while I was doing that.

Erase > Automation
was what fixed it.
By Bradley Smith Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:31 pm
This can be confusing (as I just discovered) because the track that mutes may not actually have any mute automation on it. I my case another track had a solo automation on it. Anyway, best thing to do is go to menu->list view and you can see the individual midi messages for each track. Just tap on the unwanted mute or solo message and delete it.