MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SuperKonquer Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 am
If you have automation set to write, the automation records even if you have not pressed the record button. Its quite easy to errantly record automation this way. This problem is always a recorded solo event on one of the tracks. It just needs to be erased.
By SuperKonquer Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:24 am
Repeating this because its important and even I kept forgetting about it when I first started using the MPCX.

Mutes and solos will record even when you have not pressed the record button if automation is armed. So you have to be mindful of what automation mode(read/write) you are in before you start playing with mutes and solos.
By Chrystal Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:01 am
saltmcgault wrote:
NearTao wrote:erase -> automation

I'm running 2.6 in standalone. This has worked 1 time for me after multiple attempts. The problem would still pop up on different projects. Try re-installing the version you are running. If the problem still occurs which it did for me. Go to prefences and turn record track mute/solo to "off". I haven't had and issue with it since. If you are trying to implement the track mute solo function into your project. The best way to do this is create separate sequences you wished to use the track mute/solo feature in and delete the events you wished muted in grid edit. That's what I've been doing. I know... it sucks.

This is it! Preferences>turn record track mute/solo OFF! Thank you!
By Lampdog Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:57 pm
One of the very first things I did when I got X was take a slow walk through all the preferences and see what they did. Had super minimal problems afterwards.
By Erratik Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:14 pm
NearTao wrote:erase -> automation

Nearly a perfect answer. I thought -- but upopn trying it - it does nothign for automacally added solos. Why..does it torture.me?

Anyway -- Thanks! In most instances, this is good enough, as a workaround - if you have 20 tracks its still a slight bit of a struggle..
btw I am using the latest firmware on mpc one.. this happens with nearly every project now - i never touch these parameters during recording but it has a mind of its own.. much stress relief with this tip. I always forget the erase menu. mutes are easy to wipe, solos are not so much. Yes i already reset preferences, twice, and dion;g that weekly is also a major drag. Akai -- we really neeed a fix for this asap.
By Erratik Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:30 pm
..continued

Further detail as to "wtf solos" ... at first the issue was like im reading others describe, finding mutes and using the draw tool to erase is actually possible at least - I am not seeing solo in any track parameters. More bonkers is that when i found the solo track and try to undo the solo, it just solos the next track, and then the next, so on and i mean even blank tracks. to infinity.
By Lampdog Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:35 pm
Erratik wrote:..continued

Further detail as to "wtf solos" ... at first the issue was like im reading others describe, finding mutes and using the draw tool to erase is actually possible at least - I am not seeing solo in any track parameters. More bonkers is that when i found the solo track and try to undo the solo, it just solos the next track, and then the next, so on and i mean even blank tracks. to infinity.

SOLO works on the current track in main menu. If you scroll tracks then you solo whatever track your on.

LIST EDIT is something you should get familiar/comfortable with when teohbleshooting.

ERASE, choose AUTOMATIONS and scroll through the choices might help.

DRAW tool just adds events to the confusion if you don’t have a decent grasp of all the intricacies of using/editing with it.
By Erratik Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:31 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Erratik wrote:..continued

SOLO works on the current track in main menu. If you scroll tracks then you solo whatever track your on.

LIST EDIT is something you should get familiar/comfortable with when teohbleshooting.

ERASE, choose AUTOMATIONS and scroll through the choices might help.

DRAW tool just adds events to the confusion if you don’t have a decent grasp of all the intricacies of using/editing with it.

Thanks@Lampdog :worthy:

Actually, i left out some other details but mostly just throwing it out there to see if others are running in to the same things. I can't really say im new to this stuff. I spent the first couple months going through the manual and tutorials.. this does seem to be a genuine glitch in the matrix...btw I'm actually using an MPC ONE <retro>, not X.. but the issue remains the same. on the og firmware it was rock solid. These new features come with some major headaches. its a struggle, but i literally can't go backwards so i guess we will just see where this gets us in a few years and get some more use out of my 4000 in the meantime.
Even just running one or two tracks on it and a small progression of sequences it gets like pycho ex-girlfriend mode - mooody af, just doesn't want to cooperate.

It might actually be a workflow issue, but i have been trying to be mindful of it yet it still surfaces, out of nowhere, and it shouldn't happen. I record one track at a time, and sometimes i need to solo the one i am recording, but im not really sure that is what would cause it because the mutes, and solos are more random.

The new thing today is, the mpc jumps from the track im recording, to sequence 100 or something. basic new song, no song mode, no reason for it to change to a different sequence, or jump 98 empty sequences to another one.. unless ... dangit its the bass station doing it. If I have it connected via usb to the mpc and change to another patch, the mpc jumps to the corresponding sequence. go to patch 80, mpc goes to sequence 80 when it finishes the current sequence.

Im pretty sure it didn't do this before. My point is..

ugh

every time i start to get the hang of things and the flow, they change it.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:43 am
I'm on MPC X and I don't think I can recreate some issues found on MPC One. One seems to have more problems than X, IDK why but it's what I see when reading through posts. Some are the same and some others I can't recreate for whatever flowers reason, no clue.

The seq jump?!? I have NEVER on any firmware ran into that on X or Keys61.
I can't offer advice for MPC One, I don't have that gear and the gear I do have doesn't always jive with other people's issues.

I agree that every other firmware does good and bad at the same time. It's annoying.
It could also be the way I work doesn't stress my gear the same way other peeps stress their gear.
By Telefunky Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:25 am
Erratik wrote:... These new features come with some major headaches. its a struggle, but i literally can't go backwards so i guess we will just see where this gets us in a few years and get some more use out of my 4000 in the meantime.
The new thing today is, the mpc jumps from the track im recording, to sequence 100 or something. basic new song, no song mode, no reason for it to change to a different sequence, or jump 98 empty sequences to another one.. unless ... dangit its the bass station doing it. If I have it connected via usb to the mpc and change to another patch, the mpc jumps to the corresponding sequence. go to patch 80, mpc goes to sequence 80 when it finishes the current sequence.

Im pretty sure it didn't do this before. ...

Dunno about the MPC One, but that was a feature of the 4k under MISC settings :wink:

Sequence change with Pgm change field

Selects whether program changes will be used to switch sequences. If this field is ON, an incoming program change will select the sequence of the corresponding number.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:16 pm
Did yall see and/or try this?

Chrystal wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:
I'm running 2.6 in standalone. This has worked 1 time for me after multiple attempts. The problem would still pop up on different projects. Try re-installing the version you are running. If the problem still occurs which it did for me. Go to prefences and turn record track mute/solo to "off". I haven't had and issue with it since. If you are trying to implement the track mute solo function into your project. The best way to do this is create separate sequences you wished to use the track mute/solo feature in and delete the events you wished muted in grid edit. That's what I've been doing. I know... it sucks.

This is it! Preferences>turn record track mute/solo OFF! Thank you!