MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BornElevation Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:15 pm
Hello all, anybody else having an issue with the MPC X screen time out function since 2.2? Once I updated to 2.2 my screen will time out, but it won’t turn back to full brightness until I touch the screen? This is in controller mode only. :hmmm: :smoker: :hmmm: :hmmm: Normally if you hit a pad or q link it goes back to full brightness. In standalone it works like normal, but once I’m in controller mode it happens. I returned my original MPC X back to AKAI as myself and the Akai technician thought it was a hardware problem. It’s doing the same thing with the brand new replacement MPC X? It started immediately after downloading 2.2. I’m on version 2.2.1 and updated the firmware for the MC X also. And reinstalled the driver, reset the MPC X hardware back to default. I’m using a Windows 10 computer. It happens no matter what setting 1, 2, 5 or 10 minutes, even set at never it still will eventually timeout? It has to be a bug?
By kday Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:55 am
Yeah, mine started doing that also, I just noticed it as I was updating to 2.2.1, it's a bug issue, I hit the pads after going dim, and it doesn't affect the screen brightness any longer and it remains dim.
By summer2k Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm
Not happening here on my MPC-X. I just tested in standalone as well as controller mode and I was able to get the screen to go back to full brightness after dimming by hitting a pad or turning a Q-Link knob. I tried all the timeout settings (Never, 1, 2, 5, and 10 minutes) and experienced no issues at all.
I'm running the latest software/firmware v2.2.1. Also running the MPC 2.0 software on a Windows 10 laptop. Everything's all good.
By godlike Tue May 01, 2018 2:00 am
I have my X set to Never and it will go dim while I am using it. Touching the screen itself is the only way I can get it to brighten. It does not affect the functionality, it just makes it difficult to see when everything goes dim.
By BornElevation Tue May 01, 2018 2:43 am
godlike wrote:I have my X set to Never and it will go dim while I am using it. Touching the screen itself is the only way I can get it to brighten. It does not affect the functionality, it just makes it difficult to see when everything goes dim.

Make sure you hit the report bug button in the controller mode software and explain to Akai. The more people reporting it the better.
By cloud777 Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 pm
godlike wrote:I have my X set to Never and it will go dim while I am using it. Touching the screen itself is the only way I can get it to brighten. It does not affect the functionality, it just makes it difficult to see when everything goes dim.

Same here
By godlike Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 am
This screen bug is really becoming a nuisance. Are me and BornElevation the only ones with this bug?
By BornElevation Mon May 07, 2018 7:29 pm
godlike wrote:This screen bug is really becoming a nuisance. Are me and BornElevation the only ones with this bug?

A lot of people probably don’t realize they have this bug on the MPC X because it only happens in controller mode. From what I understand most people are using them in standalone???
By SILIS101 Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 pm
My X does it too. But I don't care. Not a nuisance to me.
By godlike Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 am
SILIS, please report the bug--you paid for the X to work without this type of fault.
By wilcofan Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:14 am
Yes, I confirm in Controller mode my MPC X ignores the "Never" setting for screen dim.

It will go dim and needs to be tapped to go bright again.
By BornElevation Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:14 am
wilcofan wrote:Yes, I confirm in Controller mode my MPC X ignores the "Never" setting for screen dim.

It will go dim and needs to be tapped to go bright again.

This bug has been fixed in the new 2.3 update.