MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rokgod Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:17 am
Maschine takes a DUMP on the new MPCs, BY Far, which is a joke in itself being Akai should have the game on lock with ease.

If we talking old hardware mpcs tho then MPC > Maschine all day

but as far as the X, touch, live go, Maschine is embarrassing Akai
By rookie Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:51 am
I have both, I use the Mpc for my sample based tracks and Maschine studio for my original joints. Works for me.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:15 am
The only issue with Maschine is that you are tied not just to the computer, but you are at the mercy of the computers OS. If Apple or Windows decides to change something and NI does not update. You'll S.O.L!
Computers OS's are constantly being updated (Even more now.). Due to hackers or to prepare for the next push.

I personally treat controllers like a mouse and keyboard. Get them, Use them, and get rid of them before they're obsolete in 3 years. (Which is my normal LAPTOP upgrade cycle.) The plus is that most controllers are cheap enough to upgrade every 3 years. They also upgrade the software and the usually that means new functions added to the their new flagship controller.

So the most important thing to myself is to not get tied to the software or hardware. I export all my music as WAV stems. Rip and exports all the sound so I can use them with hardware samplers or software controller based sampler. The same goes with MPC LIVE/X, now that Akai Software 2.2 supports are Pre-mapped controllers such as the ones listed below. It kinds of hurt a reason for people to buy the Live or X.

AKAI Professional:
Advance 25, Advance 49, Advance 61, APC Key 25, LPD8 Wireless, MPD218, MPD226, MPD232, MPK Mini (mkII), MPK225, MPK249, MPK261

Alesis:
V25, V49, V61, Vmini, VI25, VI49, VI61, VX49

M-Audio:

Axiom AIR Mini 32, Code 25, Code 49, Code 61, CTRL49, Keystation 49 II, Oxygen 25, Oxygen 49, Oxygen 61

Native Instruments:
Kontrol S49, Maschine Jam, Maschine Mikro MKI, Maschine MK1, Maschine MK3, Maschine Studio, Traktor Kontrol F1

Novation:
Impulse 25, Impulse 49, Impulse 61, Launchkey 25, Launchkey 49, Launchkey 61, Launchkey Mini, Launchpad MK2
By turbo46 Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:08 am
Two months ago i was a Maschine's head Now X's head, the workflow is amazing on Maschine, you make a beat easily but after that step starting the problems. Workflow of Pre mix isn't good, no channels as a DAW, problems with audio files, you can't improve if NI begin to think to change the software. First days in X were really scary because you have a lot functions and a lot of windows, steps, after spend weeks to understand what's going on, you will find your world, a beautiful world of workflow