MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rokgod Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:46 am
You come into the forums and realize 96% of the posts are people begging for function and usability features and having issues with the most basic of things...these are MPCS, why is the mpc still not killing the game? Damn man, almost a decade with these products and they still a joke.
Bymember04959388 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm
Mpc Live is not a failure, it's just not ready yet.
The idea behind it is excellent but Akai Pro is just a silly company, they could really make a winner machine but they don't realise it and lose customers because of their craziness and customers start to lose the hope that Live will be ready in reasonable time.
We are just using a beta machine.
By mr_debauch Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:56 pm
I think it does fine as an mpc in the same role I used older MPCs................ for the most part.

However it should do more. You really need to buy it for what it does already and not for what they promise it might do in the future because akai is known for being a full of shit company who will say anything to sell a product and then tell you to **** off after the sale is complete.
By Danoc Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:40 am
Let me ask a question.

How much stuff do people really think the live or X should do in standalone mode? From what l read they want it to be a complete DAW. WTF! If that's the case what is the 2.2.1 software for?

Im having no issues. Guys are loading it in wrong and doing all types of craziness and blaming Akai for their mishaps. Akai has made mistakes and are working to get the machines right but it's not all their fault.
Bymember04959388 Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:07 am
Yes the 90 percent of people complain because they think if they pay a lot of money that they should be able to play instantly and have everything at hand.
It takes time, though, it's an instrument which requires time to learn.
So the 90 percent of what they call issues or bugs are just that they don't know how to play Live right.
But yes,what'ssurprising to me is to see that in the official forum of akaipro you have less and less posts, it looks like that forum is dead.
So are people losing hope in Akai or is Live really a failure?
Difficult to say.
I am happy with my Mpc Live.
I still think it's a very clever device.
By Fanu Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 pm
Lack of posts usually means ppl are happy and using the product.
Don't expect a forum to be full of happiness posts.
Look at any forum, and what they discuss a lot is features and the lack of them.

This forum is quieter than around Ren + 1.0 times…that was quite a mess, and ppl were way more unhappy back then if I recall correctly.
Bymember04959388 Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Yes I noticed posts were less after 2.2 update.
Is Live starting to be useable?
But still many basic features are missing.
Let's see.
Maybe Akai is realising that with an effort Live will be a really winner machine
By Danoc Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:37 pm
so last week a female hired me to do 1 track for her. We meet at the studio and we were sharing ideas. Conclusion was she wanted a trap RnB track. So l took out the Live connected it to the SSL board and loaded my drums in it. Tapping the pads and the sounds sounded dope.

So she like to start with drums first so l made the first pattern she didn't like it. So l did the next one and she loved it. It took me 2 minutes to knock out all the drums and it was seriously bumping in the stu. Dealing with no latency no computer etc. The sequencer is TIGHT!
She was vibing loving the sound.

So it was time to put in the chords, melody and counter melody and a nice texture sound.

The track was arranged by me etc. So when she asked about tracking out l told her no need. I exported those stems to my usb stick and imported into protools and it was quick and fast and let the Protools dude do what he do.

Long story short came out dope. So much so she wanted a ballad and l started on that.

The MPC Live is so tight and l feel comfy in those types of situations with it.
The MPC Live has helped work faster and most of all I HAVE FUN!
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm
No probs with the Live here. The only issue I have is having enough hours in the day to learn the bloody thing properly!!
For the most part, everything works the way it's supposed to for what I'm doing, (given the progress of the os!)
Had the occasional crash way back, but certainly nothing recent, so I'm really happy with it.
The only downside is the lack of Fantom power for mics, but that's not a deal-breaker for me.
I have a tube pre-amp that has it, & does the job nicely!!
Happy as here!! :P :P :P