MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 am
Hi there
how can we latch or hold a pad on mpc live. when in note on mode i eg want to hold the note then when im happy with it press shift or some other button to make it hold and continue playing without me having to hold the pad.
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 pm
No it doesn't and thats what I **** wanted. Supposely it was implemented during the Ren era but I never found it nor the staff at Akai. They just tell me to loop a sample in the sequencer.

The Digitakt is another sampler that does not hold or loop samples from the pad. The DJS is the only standalone that can do it.

Chalk up another one for the DJS-1000 :P :oops:
By Sharris Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 pm
All sp's can do it as far as I know (sp303, sp404, sp404sx/a, sp505, ect).
The Korg MicroSampler can do it.

Thinking about it now, I use the feature ALL the time on my 404sx, but never even think of using it on my MPC's, all though I see why people would like it. It's a great live tool (meaning playing live, not MPC Live :P).

Yea, if you set it to loop on an MPC it'll just keep playing & if you hit the pad again, it re-triggers. I'm surprised there isn't a workaround for this or a feature that allows you to choose (if you want the sample to retrigger when you hit it again or stop when you hit it again). Hhhmmmm............
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 am
crazy, i dont even wanna loop it just play out, the digitakt can do that no probs, hold func+ pad, release pad b4 func, will loop if set too loop, mpc live is behind every other sampler on this wtf